Banned for an unknown reason

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
Muir

Banned for an unknown reason

Post by Muir »

I am not sure if a reason was provided or not - my instance of Garry's Mod crashes whenever I am removed from a server by any means but disconnecting.

I played recently on the TTT server because it was advertised as family-friendly, and I assumed being as such it would have active and fair administrators and be relatively accomodating. After a few rounds, I was accused of RDM - I stated my comprehensive evidence for the lead euthanasia, and nothing more came of it. A few rounds later, I was banned shortly after killing another person, with even more solid evidence - I had witnessed a murder and they outright lied about the details I knew as fact.

After this, I got my 'black screen of death,' which usually meant either the server had crashed (unlikely, I usually see a 'connection problems' floater) or I had been removed. I restarted Garry's Mod to attempt to rejoin, and was informed I had been permanently banned.

I assume these administrators did so for a just cause - I've been removed from more than a few servers because I could not use voice chat, or similar reasons related to my hearing. There was at least one cruel joke made at my expense, but I assumed everyone was okay with it. It was better than most places, who spent many rounds making fun of me. I would just like to know why exactly I was banned, so I can move on to another, hopefully friendlier, server.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Banned for an unknown reason

Post by Alex »

It had nothing to do with your hearing at all, nor anything about you not using voice chat. We accept all people, as long as they follow our general rules.

One of our admins were spectating you during a round, right after you killed someone you got banned for aimbotting. MissSnik (Miss-Chievous on the server) was the admin that did the ban, and she will probably write her side of the story.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
MissSnik

Post by MissSnik »

We had 2 admins spectating you through rounds, your crosshair was auto locking on people heads which is the reason you were banned for an aimbot.
Muir

Post by Muir »

I suppose I've heard worse excuses for banning me because I couldn't hear people shouting at me. Thanks.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Again. You got banned for aimbot. It's not an excuse to bash on your hearing problems.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!