Cloning

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
unicow2945

Re: Cloning

Post by unicow2945 »

Im_Soul wrote:That is just... No.....
Really? Violent and unnatural? Come on man. I don't understand how this is violent. Unnatural I can agree with, but there are so many possibilities this will bring. Also really? Terrorists breaking in and cloning? Sorry but I laugh at that. I imagine cloning would take days for humans with how complex they are, with a of our systems, and the brain itself, programming everything. By then the swat fbi whatever will already be on them. Also, it would most likely be in a top secret lab.
Actually as far fetched as that sounds, if human clones were able to be produced then I am almost certain they would be weaponized like Surfin said. Having clones would be a game changer in eliminating key individuals, even if the clones were not able to accomplish more then mundane tasks because having an exact replica of one persons DNA would make faking death a breeze. Cloning would also allow terror organizations to create their own specialized bacteria or micro-organisms used for spreading various diseases, spying, or even causing plague-like epidemics. Teaching a clone with a replica of a human's brain rhythms or patterns would also make them incredibly efficient factory workers capable of speeding up the process of developing war munitions incredibly. The possibilities are nearly endless once humans are able to design stable clones. Whether we use those non-boundries to bring around technological improvements or just as a way of destroying enemies (or both!) simply depends on who controls it, and everyone is going to be part of a race to perfect that control no matter how much one country/nation tries to suppress its existence.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Internet-justice

Post by Internet-justice »

My problem with the "Terrorist clone army" theory that seems so prevalent here, is that realistic cloning still requires an incubation period, and at the moment, a physical mother for each and every clone is required. Even if they perfected vat incubation, it would use a lot of space for each clone, and be LUDICROUSLY expensive.

For a moment lets forget all this. Lets assume that some how they found a way, to clone, and reprogram, an entire terrorist army. Lets also say they are able to clone, and manipulate bacterial DNA, and create the perfect plagues.

The problem is that this works both ways. Governments could just as, and probably more, easily create their own clone armies, to counter the insurrectionists. In addition, thanks to cloning, they wouldn't even have to perfect a plague. They would just need to find ONE disease, the enemy clones are susceptible to; and wipe them out.

The way I see it, humans want lower prices, more goods, and humane working conditions. Problem is that they can't have all this. The solution? Robots.

Clones are people too. Robots are not. (yet...)
You may know me as Mr. Braun
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I dont believe that a "Terrorist clone army" is realistic either, because unless the human-copies had the same memories as the man/woman they were based off of then they would need to go through the process of receiving an entire education, as well as the expenses of creating them in the first place, equipping them with gear, and maintaining them until they are lost in combat as casualties. However ,I disagree with you when you say that they would not be worth the price of creating them whenever clones allow high-value political leaders or targets to have exact doubles. This would make those targets significantly harder to eliminate.

Being able to duplicate and alter certain micro-organisms WOULD still be useful because it allows the people that possess it to cause wide-spread affects that weaken,dispatch, or actually increase the performance of entire populations, not just for use on the opposing forces clones themselves.

Creating a biotic system with all the abilities of a human would be much more bulky and it would not have the ability to repair itself when injured or grow over time. Not to mention the price tag on such a machine would surpass that of creating a living breathing clone. Robots are undoubtedly useful (and will probably play a larger part in the future than clones) but the don't have the same appeals that clones do, both creations have their own positive and negative aspects.

Lastly, cloning allows vast advancements in medical treatments, being able to replace organs or limbs with those of your 100% genetically matching clone bypasses an incredibly large amount of medical barriers, but why not take it a step farther? Cloning has the potential to not only replace failing organs,organ systems, or limbs, it even allows humans to create new bodies for themselves in order to live for hundreds or thousands of years without deteriorating from age.

I'm getting a little carried away here XD but I guess my main point is that clones have a very large amount of uses and allow advancements in many areas that humans as a whole have been unable to investigate without them. Even if cloning never becomes as acute as what I have been describing they could be used to answer a large amount of questions and be used for various, less-extravigant tasks effectively.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Internet-justice

Post by Internet-justice »

Also, how sick would a robot vs clone gladiator arena be?!?!?
You may know me as Mr. Braun