Can we start requiring people to use headphones?

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
Internet-justice

Can we start requiring people to use headphones?

Post by Internet-justice »

I am getting REALLY tired of hearing my voice reverberate through five peoples mics. I don't think its very much to ask of someone to just put in ear buds.
You may know me as Mr. Braun
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: Can we start requiring people to use headphones?

Post by Soul »

I was just about to make a post/msg someone about this.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I don't wear headphones and I use my mic, and I don't think any body hears themselves (going to have to take a recording to be sure), maybe it's a matter of just telling them to adjust point their mic towards there mouths (Which is very soundguy like for me, but that's another story, haha).
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

It is just sort of annoying that you hear yourself/other peoples mics while you are trying to play. Although it is sometimes helpful when a T is talking and you hear gunshots through their mic :P
Internet-justice

I have never heard it from you Deth, mostly it's people who use Laptops, with built in speakers, blasting the game volume, right next to the built in mic.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Yeah. This is a tough rule to enforce, it is annoying, but instituting a rule like this wouldn't really help with some of the mic issues, also not everyone has headphones.
Also, the aspect of being that restrictive is also a factor.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Internet-justice

Can we at least put something in the motd about loud background noise or feed back. In some cases you can't hear people over the feedback.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

That sounds reasonable, I'll have a note saying that constant noise in the background of mics may get you gagged.
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

i sometimes forget to put in headphones, but when i do, i hear how high my voice sounds through ten different mics echoed. Just goes to show, the way you hear yourself is different than the way you really sound, eh?

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Your voice will sound higher through the game, just in the way it processes things, I know mine does compared to going through a my mic unprocessed like that.