New gameserver (Poll) ***CLOSED***

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!

What type of gameserver should we add?

Poll ended at Thu May 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Team Fortress 2
26%
Counter-Strike: Source
11%
Minecraft
58%
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
5%

Total votes: 19

Alex
FADW Guardian

New gameserver (Poll) ***CLOSED***

Post by Alex »

I'm making this poll, because I'm personally getting bored of TTT, and I want to play other games, while still playing on FADW. Which made me think about getting another gameserver, so I asked Deth about that. He said it was OK, and that I should make a poll about what kind of server we should add.

Vote for the game you want a FADW server on the most. Please tell me if you want another game on the list that I might have forgotten. If another game is added to the list after you've voted, you can edit your vote to vote for that game instead if you want that. You're still only able to vote for one gameserver.

This poll will be up for 2 weeks (Friday April 19th to Friday May 3rd), so please vote ASAP.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Re: New gameserver (Poll)

Post by sniper101 »

CSS plox lol

but minecraft is so old :l not to be mean but i quite that for a reason.....
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

In my opinion, it's not. It's updated regularly with bug fixes, new features etc. Though, I do think it's overplayed, and I wouldn't personally want a FADW MC server.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kirito

Post by Kirito »

Ideas:
Don't use PoG if you have a TF2 server made.
Possibly have a modded version of minecraft server? Tekkit, FTB, etc.
If a minecraft one is made, don't get the useless plug-ins if it'll be bukkit.
"Life isn’t so bad. It’s not so bad."
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Modded server won't be possible. Too many issues between versions (after what I've seen with servers, the worlds become incompatible), and too unstable. Would cause crashes, and we have a limited amount of RAM.

We also will have to run the MC server on Bukkit, but we'll try and see what plugins it will need (most likely it will need Multiverse so we have survival + creative, and some antigriefing plugins), and hopefully make it stable.

Other than that, I don't think we'll be using Pot of Gold for the TF2 server if it happens, because that's just stupid. Annoying, I know that for a fact.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

What's POG?

FTB minecraft sounds like a great server to try and run, I'll have to see how stable it actually is though.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

If a Minecraft server will be the conclusion... How is chat going to be? TS3 or Vent? Or just the usual ingame text chat with people organizing voice chat individually?
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Pinion Pot of Gold is some sort of advertisement program used in the motd, it's really annoying and frustrating, because it doesn't let you close it until a certain amount of time. Though it would be helpful towards FADW, it wouldn't be worth it in the end. (http://www.pinion.gg/)

And if an MC server is getting set up, we could probably use TeamSpeak as a voice chat platform.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

***CLOSED***

The next gameserver will be Minecraft. Not sure when it will be set up.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!