Cross Bows

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
Enjoy

Cross Bows

Post by Enjoy »

Been playing alot BF3 running around with a cross bow and since HL2 and Gmod both have it in the scripting I think the TTT server should have em added into it be a nice new weapon to run around with
unicow2945

Re: Cross Bows

Post by unicow2945 »

I agree 100% ,crossbows are amazing, but for it to be balanced the crossbow's downsides would need to be exaggerated. If the Half Life Two crossbow was added into Gmod right now, it would work similarly to an AWP that can fire even when it isn't scoped. To keep it from being overpowered it would need an increase in projectile air time, a decreased fire rate, and a decrease in ammo capacity at the least. The lack of noise when it's fired could be a problem too, what traitor would use an AWP over a crossbow when the crossbow is near silent (seeing as how that's the AWPs big downside). I personally think a great way to compensate for it's ability to stealth kill would be to make DNA retrievable from the bolts no matter what range it was fired from, but i doubt that is possible :P .
A-Walrurus by any other name...