Balancing suggestions/discussion

This is the place to post important announcements, we will post announcements here from time to time, remember, you can post your own announcements too!
DelusionalSyko

Balancing suggestions/discussion

Post by DelusionalSyko »

This post will be regarding either upcoming or current weapon/map changes or balancing of weapons. Voice concerns regarding any of the weapons or maps currently on the server. Simply stating "This weapon is OP" will be ignored. Be specific in your post. I need to know what exactly needs to be tweaked.

Balancing weapons means exactly what it says. Balancing. If you make 1 weapon stronger than the other, the other weapons will seem weaker. You'll tip the scale, essentially.

You're apart of this community! Tell us what you want out of it!
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: Balancing suggestions/discussion

Post by Soul »

Personally, I think the huge needs a slightly slower fire rate. The fact that it has a 150 round clip means you can walk into a room and mow everyone down because of the fact you don't have to reload. All this requires is good aim and a bit of luck. Buy body armor and your good to go. I think a small decrease in the fire rate will solve this. People already say the huge is underpowered, but if you use it right is is actually pretty good at close range.
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I don't know about the stats, but I feel like the Galil and Famas are very similar. I would like it if there was a bigger difference, so here is my suggestion:

Make the Famas an accurate, low recoil, low damage gun.

Maybe also slightly decrease the fire rate on the Galil, it's very powerful, and a little unbalanced.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Famas and Galil are practically identical. I think the Galil is slightly more accurate.

The HUGE has a insane amount of recoil and a large cone of bullet spread. It's use drops drastically when getting close to medium to long range. It's mean to be a short range weapon. And body armor renders it almost useless.

I've been getting scattered complaints about the HUGE. Sometimes people like it, then people complain. I'll tweak the fire rate slightly and see where that gets us. The purpose of buffing it in the first place was so people would start using it. Even now, people don't use it as much. It's still not a "go-to" weapon when the famas, galil, m16 are good close - medium range and are better medium - long range.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
GeForce GTX 570
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

My biggest problem is with the newton launcher, its very fun to joke around with but its practically useless in most situations. It is easily visible (glows cyan), it does not do significant damage, it has an airtime that makes it easily avoidable and the luminance of the shots almost always gives the traitors position away, the newton launcher has possibly the slowest fire rate out of all weapons in the server (only competition is the AWP), and its special trait: pushing enemies short-long distances is only exploitable on a few of the maps assuming a player is standing near a ledge with nothing to block his fall. The stock sniper rifle or the silent sniper rifle are better in literally every way. It doesn't matter if the newton launcher has unlimited ammo with all of its setbacks, having a 10 round clip is already more then enough.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Good complaint, Arurus.

I'll most likely increase the fire rate on it. That way time it takes between shots is much less. I might look into increasing the damage slightly, but the purpose of that weapon is to launch people off edges, or across the map. It's more of a "situational funny" kind of gun. But I do think a increase in fire rate would suit it much better.
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
GeForce GTX 570