people that think video games are just for fun

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

Re: people that think video games are just for fun

Post by Hello and welcome »

For me, people just want to point at violent video games as the main source of violence, but in reality it does'nt matter. Parents want their kids to play "non-violate" games like need for speed, but that's equally as bad. Would a parent want their child to be racing at high speeds risking their lives running from the police. Most will say yes. I just want people that their are more games that are equal as any fps game
Unicorn Giggles

Post by Unicorn Giggles »

Video games don't cause violence. At all. No question. There have been many psychological studies that concluded no correlation between Violent video games, and violent behavior. This makes sense too, because most people (I hope) are smart enough to know that video games are not real life. Video games have no consequences for violence, you're not taking someone's life in a video game, although visually it may represent that, people know the difference between causing someone to wait a few seconds to respawn, and traumatizing a family, and wiping someone off the face of the earth.

The only reason this rumor even exists is because of the dominance of the baby-boomers. The media can get tons of followers by appealing to the largest demographic, that being baby boomers. These guys know next to nothing about technology, and video games to be specific, so they're easy to influence, and who better to be influenced by than the news. They make it seem like it's happening all the time with their examples, but the truth is, those are huge rarities, and it's not even the video game's fault, it's the person's for having no common sense and self control. They would just as easily commit horrible crimes because they read some book which was even slightly violent. Anyway, the media is exploiting the baby-boomer's fear of the unknown by filling their minds with it, which sadly might have effects on the rest of the world.
"Do not make foes of a man who wields Mac10" -Ancient Zen Chinese saying
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

EDIT AGAIN:

Yeah, I was wrong.

Also guys, don't be a jerk and destroy health stations.

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D