Some younger kids in Video Games

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Nopeful_Engineer

Re: Some younger kids in Video Games

Post by Nopeful_Engineer »

unicow2945 wrote:"i've met people younger than me (Some of them on here) who are more mature than I am"

Delusional is totally talking about me. All the times I have singled him out as a target and knifed him...yea... we both know my maturity levels are over 9000 (I'm proving my point but using overused memes!).

Now that i'm done being sarcastic I have to say that I agree with engineer. I don't think that age/voice is as much of a problem as when the person is constantly talking over the mic. Most of the kids that know when to talk are plenty more mature then I am. I can respect that.
I'm glad you understand. Sometimes, I myself make "your mom" jokes. It ended up with being shunned by Deth. It doesn't matter if the kid's voice is high or low. It's about whats inside and if they're a good player or not.

Kids need to respect each other these days.
NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER KIDS
"Let's do this... Texas Style."
*shot*
"Nope."
I'm online around Tuesday and Friday, and the weekends!
Unicorn Giggles

Post by Unicorn Giggles »

Having spent an extensive amount of time as a counselor, or supervisor, whatever you want to call it, in a camp filled mostly with small children, I do not find it as irritating as most people, and do not judge them on the fact that their voice is high. Their maturity level is what matters however, like what most people here said. I really have no advice on changing that however, for whomever it is a problem, as maturity, is very hard to teach, and one ends up learning it through their own experience. But yea, if you're immature, you most likely will be disrespected if you show it. However, there is always the option of not letting people see it by not talking on the mic too often.

I have had a time very early on during my times of CS:S when my voice was extremely high pitched and people disrespected me, but, my voice got deeper far earlier than most, so I haven't run into that problem since.
"Do not make foes of a man who wields Mac10" -Ancient Zen Chinese saying
flam

Post by flam »

personally never owned i mic during my short squeaker stage mine ended in grade 4 i was growing a mustache by then so yeah.....but younger kids are alright when they don't either

A)scream he killed me what a hacker or rdmer for everything(just my personal experiences on other servers)
B)when they mic spam lots of them do what doesn't help their case
C)when they bloody troll even on accident it irks me i have had countless T rounds ruined by troll rdms cause they wouldn't admit they fell or blamed me for shooting them when they hit the ground it sucks but not everyone does it.

but generally people are to harsh on younger kids getting into this stuff
caboosh

Post by caboosh »

Yeah I would never use my mic just because of how everybody would yell at me, and call me some pretty vile words. It got to the point were I wouldn't even plug in my mic to talk. I hated my voice and just wished it would drop, but eventually I got used to the abuse. There are even some servers that say " no drop no talk". It just ticks me off on that kind of discrimination, but I'm glad that I found a server that doesn't make me feel like a squeeker :D. Thank you family friendly