KJ9898 - dont know why i was banned/ban apeal

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
KJ9898

KJ9898 - dont know why i was banned/ban apeal

Post by KJ9898 »

So i recently got gmod and started playing ttt on your server and i have really enjoyed it. I was playing earlier today (3/16/13) and everything was fine, didnt get talked to by any admins and broke no rules that i am aware of. I got off to eat dinner, said bye to everyone and everyone said bye, all that stuff, ate, and played some other games with a friend. just now i felt like playing some more ttt and tried to join the server but when i did it says i was banned.
So my question is why was i banned when i did nothing wrong that i was aware of, if i did do something wrong why was i not told/asked about it, and what do i do from here since i do like the server and would like to play again.
Phawks
FADW Admin

Re: KJ9898 - dont know why i was banned/ban apeal

Post by Phawks »

You were banned because you killed a T buddy.
Your T buddy complained that you did not warn him.
I repeatedly asked you why.
You did not respond at all.
You then left.
Being as a regular on the server, I discussed it with another admin, and he agreed.
Keep in mind it is only 2 days. I know it can be a lot but the punishment could have been furthered.
Phawks
FADW Admin

Post by Phawks »

It looked suspicious of RDM, but you were a regular, is what I'm trying to say.
Phawks
FADW Admin

Post by Phawks »

Sorry for the multiple post but I keep forgetting to say parts.
This is when you jihadded at the winter mansion map in the library.
KJ9898

Post by KJ9898 »

I was not aware that i killed another T when i did that, if he had talked to my i would have apologized and slayed myself the next round, as i have done the two or so other times something happened that was close to rdming. I also never knew you were trying to ask me about it, i never really pay attention to chat so if that is how you were doing it i am not surprised i missed it and i never heard you ask me over the mic or i would have responded. I was played for a couple of rounds after i jihaded so if you were using chat there was time to talk with the mic, if you did i am sorry but i never heard anything directed toward me, and also i said i was leaving and stayed on for a bit before i left so there was time to ask me then.
So really i just dont know, if someone had asked me on the mic or made sure i knew you were trying to talk to me about it i would have responded but i didnt know that i killed a t or that admins were trying to talk to me. So yeah, i mean i feel that more of an effort should have been made to contact me about it but i am obviously a little biased.
Phawks
FADW Admin

Post by Phawks »

I have unbanned you but for future reference just warn your T Buddies. Thank you.
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

This just seems like a misunderstanding and communication error. You've been unbanned, KJ. And just like what Phawks said, please be careful with the Jihad. I get pretty excited when I jihad and I tend to overlook who's around me. I've killed T buddies before too.

Sorry for the inconvenience and welcome back.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
KJ9898

Post by KJ9898 »

Ok, thank you for the replies and everything, i will try to be extremely careful from now on. Thanks again