I want to get into building custom pc's

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

I want to get into building custom pc's

Post by Hello and welcome »

Well ever since I started getting older I have been amazed in what kinds of pc's you can build, but I dont know how to start and I'm honestly really scared I'll damage some of the parts. Can someone give me advice on how to build and how to start off?
pyrojb3

Re: I want to get into building custom pc's

Post by pyrojb3 »

im no expert but the first thing i did when building my pc is figure out how much money i had to work with after that come up with all the different parts youre gonna need (cpu, ram, motherboard, etc etc) then make sure you didnt miss anything then once youre sure you have everything figure out how you are going to allocate your money to all the different parts you need... only done this once before and it was a few years ago but this is how i remember starting to build mine
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

Well I know the basics I know the parts and such, but yeah thanks
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Set yourself with a budget. Keep in mind a smaller budget will reward you with a worse computer. Most people that set their budget to about $1,000 can get a pretty descent computer.

You also have to ask yourself "What games do I want to play and do I want to play them with max settings?" you also need to factor in if you want new peripherals (Keyboard, mouse, even a monitor)

I can help you pick your items out. I can also help you build it if you have any questions. Newegg is primarily where I get all my computer parts. They have good prices and a very large variety to choose from.

Most of the build is pretty straight forward. The only thing you need to worry about is being ABSOLUTELY CAREFUL ABOUT EVERYTHING. These parts are insanely easy to break. Even ESD can fry a component, so keeping yourself grounded, or away from carpet, is advisable.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

Thanks very much! yeah I was planing to make one this year for my father later this year and then save up and build around a 1500 monster! :D