Donator Server Join Intros

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
Red Herring

Re: Donator Server Join Intros

Post by Red Herring »

It wouldn't even have to be the same length as an admin intro. The requirements for the intro sound could make them shorter, maybe under 10 seconds.
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Post by hotdogs »

Red Herring wrote:It wouldn't even have to be the same length as an admin intro. The requirements for the intro sound could make them shorter, maybe under 10 seconds.
Charging people $10-$20 dollars for 10 seconds of a random song for a video game feels like a scam to me. This is a non-profit server, and honestly I feel like it is unnecessary. There are other ways that people can donate, and in return we can offer them something more rewarding than noise whenever people log into the game.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

hotdogs wrote:
Red Herring wrote:It wouldn't even have to be the same length as an admin intro. The requirements for the intro sound could make them shorter, maybe under 10 seconds.
Charging people $10-$20 dollars for 10 seconds of a random song for a video game feels like a scam to me. This is a non-profit server, and honestly I feel like it is unnecessary. There are other ways that people can donate, and in return we can offer them something more rewarding than noise whenever people log into the game.
/agree I don't pocket any of this money that goes into donations, it goes straight to the server. I'd rather do the colors and such.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

I have no problem with the intros. I don't feel like their a scam, but I do feel like it would be more of a "purchase" thing. Which I don't like. As it stands right now, we do give people ULX slots when they donate. More of a "thank you" and they do seem to be useful.

I can talk to Deth a little more about making the color changes. What I'm interested is if it's possible to make groups colored. (Moderators green, donators blue, etc etc) Because I think that would be awesome.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
micswix

Post by micswix »

The ulx reserved slots are amazing, before I had one it took so long to get in if there was 17-19 people on the server (Before the plus 5 people thing) and now I just pop right in if any slot is open.

Thank you catz. As always.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Hey this brings up the point "what if alot of people donate and not enough ULX slot?" and another one "how do we know if all the ULX slot is full?".
I love bicycling.
micswix

Post by micswix »

From what I understand ulx slots are the last like 5-6 slots, and they will never be "Not enough" it grants you access to those last 5-6 slots, knowing that if they server's almost full, you can get in where as non-donators cannot.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

The reserved slots works like this: The ones with a reserved slot fills up those slots first, when the reserved slots are used up, donators/moderators are going to use the non-reserved slot.
We have 6 reserved slots, if we have too many players on with a reserved slot and the server is full, then other players won't be able to join without a free slot in general.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Alex wrote:The reserved slots works like this: The ones with a reserved slot fills up those slots first, when the reserved slots are used up, donators/moderators are going to use the non-reserved slot.
We have 6 reserved slots, if we have too many players on with a reserved slot and the server is full, then other players won't be able to join without a free slot in general.
o cool
I love bicycling.