Crap admins

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
krisphung88

Crap admins

Post by krisphung88 »

So, I have been banned by an admin with crap hearing that cannot take jokes. I was saying "reading minds in my country is punishable by death" , so apparently, soul heard me say "punishable by ban", and told me to stop acting like an admin. I had to argue because I did not say what he thought I said. What's more, is that he was saying i was trolling, trolling is making people angry for no reason, which I was not doing, I would like to see some proof if I did. I remember that I was asking about how this is a family friendly server if there are guns and blood in it, and I was serious about that question. And it seems that he has something against my voice, as he was mocking me multiple times . The thing that set off my ban was saying the word damn , which is apparently a cuss word as the admins think of it. A cuss word is an offensive word, and the word damn is not offensive, it is an adjective used to express frustration.

I think I need to put my steam id, but i do not know how to find it
pyrojb3

Re: Crap admins

Post by pyrojb3 »

to find your steam id go into another server and open up the console then type in "status" hit enter and you will find your name and id and i dont know the whole situation but as to the language we have standards as to what we consider offensive and it is our decision as it is our server and "damn" is one of the words we consider offensive
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Post by hotdogs »

Hello Krisp,

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting in the complaint department. It is important for you to feel like you are being treated fairly, and we try our best to make sure every ban is justifiable. When you feel like you have been treated unfair, we encourage you to appeal on the forums that way we can handle each issue accordingly. In this case, it is currently under investigation.

I can understand your frustration, especially if someone misunderstood what you originally said. You were right to defend your case, however; I am not aware of how far this argument was taken. Constantly arguing on the server gives us a negative environment, and instead should have been handled in a more professional and calm manner. From what I can gather, both Soul and yourself were heated and provoking each other, which only caused the dispute to get out of control. I am going to say that is an issue on Soul's part. Administration SHOULD NOT at any point resolve an issue due to personal conflict.

As for the family friendly statement, we are constantly getting asked that very same question, and most of the time it is by people who are trolling. To me I feel like in your case, you were put under that assumption probably because of your previous misunderstood actions. Again, I was not there so I do not know the full story. It is our job as administrators to make sure you understand the meaning the family friendly environment, but in a way that is not ripping your head off for asking.

From my understanding, you were banned two weeks for trolling and minor disrespect. Both I feel like were provoked by an admin, but that is just my point of view. If someone acts towards you in a threatening way, of course you are going to react against it, which only makes you look like the bad guy who is disrespecting an admin. This makes it unfair towards your part, and for that I apologize.

In response to this, we have shortened your ban time to 2 days instead. This is for the constant cussing. The word "damn" is considered inappropriate on our server. We have a no-tolerance for curse words and foul language. I understand that some people do not see it as bad, but we have a lot of young children that play on our server. For their protection and ours, we keep the chat squeaky clean. The last thing we want is for 10 year olds to pick up something they are not supposed to say from us. From A Different World is meant to be a safe, friendly environment for all ages, and we mean to keep it that way. All we ask is for you to respect and understand that, regardless of your personal views.

I hope that after reading this, your frustration levels have lowered. The compliant department is not here for us to continue to attack you after you have been banned. That is not cool at all. This is meant for you, as a member of our community, to report any unjust actions. As admins, we are supposed to reason with you, not retaliate.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your cooperation.

Much love,
Hotdogs.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

I didn't provoke him at all. First, I did not misunderstand what he said at all, you can ask the other admins. He is obviously lying. I told him multiple times to stop saying "Family friendly", and he continued. I gagged him, which should have given him the unspoken hint that it was enough. But no. He has to go continue into text chat, saying I misheard him, when the other admins confirmed that he was NOT saying "reading minds in my country is punishable by death." That and saying something like "Family friendly, RDMing, punishable by ban" are not very similar at all. The only similarity between the two is "Punishable by". I did not provoke him at all, and I did, it was unintentional and minimal. I told him multiple times to stop over voice chat, and he still continued. Not going to lie, I sort of take offense to your statement about me provoking both reasons for ban, and saying it was a personal issue. I had never even seen the guy before, so I had no previous grudges or reasons to get easily angry with him. I heard him trolling, told him to stop, he continued, I gagged him, he continued over voice chat, saying how bad of admins we are, how bad my hearing is (It's perfectly fine). I believe his ban was justified, but this will be my only argument against you. You have authority over me, and I will respect you. Good day everyone.
syscoord
Banned

Post by syscoord »

In my opinion, i agree with hotdogs. Even if what you say is true soul, a two week ban is excessive for swearing and minor trolling. Personally i would have banned for at most two day ban. I do week bans for mass RDM and severe trolling. From what i gathered from the other admins, he was a bit of a problem, however a two week ban was crossing a line. It also seems like you are attacking him on this appeal.

~syscoord :shock:
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

We will be investigating the admin involved, the admin is hereby suspended pending investigation.

I apologize for this issue, and we will work to make sure it doesn't happen again.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."