Regarding Jihads

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
Unicorn Giggles

Regarding Jihads

Post by Unicorn Giggles »

Let me get this out of the way quickly, I have a problem with the Jihad bomb item for traitor.

I despise people using it as the last traitor, when there are only two or one innocents remaining, and I despise people using it in a crowded space. I despise people using it in general.

If it were up to me, I would have removed the Jihad Bomb from the game, but it isn't up to me, so I can't expect for that to happen, especially since I know a lot of people were requesting it.

What I am suggesting, is that the credit cost on the Jihad is increased. At the moment, the Jihad bomb costs 1 credit. This means that as soon as the round starts, the traitor can buy a knife and a Jihad, take out a lone target and while everyone is clumped up around the detective who's trying to get DNA, you blow the whole room up. I don't think it should be that easy. First and foremost, Jihad made the C4 completely obsolete. As someone who has been playing TTT since it was created (or at least very early stages of it), I have a certain fondness for C4, and to see that it is not even regarded as a proper option anymore is just saddening. It's even above the C4 on the traitor menu and look very similar, meaning that some new players don't even know that the C4 exists, or will accidentally buy the Jihad. With the C4, it takes a minimum of 45 seconds for it to blow up, it's stationary, and it can be defused. So what that means is, when your C4 is planted, that group of people has at least 45 seconds to either run away, or defuse it and grab the DNA leading to your death. Now, I will compare the C4 to the Jihad because as of now, they are the only weapons that can deal a quick and large amount of damage in a large area. The C4 is far inferior when it is hard to get more than 3 kills on it without you being found out and killed, when with a Jihad you can get 5+ kills for the cost of your own life. Now, as far as traitors go, that's very significant. Second, and this is somewhat similar to my first point, Jihad is far too easy to use. You just press the button, wait 1.5-2 seconds (I don't know the exact value), follow the crowd, and BOOM, if you've chosen a big crowd, 5+ kills. Does this not strike you as extremely easy to use? There is no reason for people who aren't amazingly skilled with whatever other weapons to use anything but knife + Jihad, and it just gets to the point where I'm no longer surprised that another crowd blew up. Hopefully, this was enough information to convince you that something must be done about this item.

Back to the first sentence of that paragraph, I think we need to increase the credit cost. I would say to 2, but when suiciding, especially near the beginning of the round, you really don't need any more credits after you use the Jihad. This will also prevent those knife + Jihad combos. However, the rest of the traitors really don't lose anything for that sort of benefit of innocents killed. From what I observed in my days of playing in Vanilla Servers, very often, but not always, most of the traitors (except for the occasional very skilled one that carries the whole team his back) have a pretty low amount of kills each, and win. Now, on servers with Jihad, it's far more common to see multiple people with those ridiculously high inno kills. This means that the rest of the traitors just waltz through with the SG550 and kill the rest of the innocents (The SG is a topic for another rant). This makes it far too easy for the traitors to win without putting in much effort, thanks to that 1 guy who Jihaded. Now, what I think, is that the Jihad's price should be increased to 3 Credits, so that if someone wants to use it early, a fellow T has to give them a credit to help them out. This would still leave open the usage of it mid-game where you have killed enough people to get an extra credit, and the innocents are all clumped up in fear of being taken out by themselves. Not only that, but it makes the choice of buying items less obvious.

These are my suggestions, and I hope you will respond them with your opinions backed up by facts, so at least if an argument starts, it could be interesting.

TL;DR - Make Jihad cost 3 credits (2 at least)
"Do not make foes of a man who wields Mac10" -Ancient Zen Chinese saying
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Regarding Jihads

Post by Alex »

Even though I agree the Jihad should cost more, I do have to say that you can't buy a knife and a Jihad. I know that the Jihad is a Slot8 weapon, but whenever you try to buy a knife after buying a Jihad (or vice versa) it will say that you already have a weapon in Slot7/Slot8. Still, you can just buy a knife, knife someone, then buy a Jihad.

But yes, the Jihad is OP, it should indeed cost more, I can't believe I didn't think of this.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Re: Regarding Jihads

Post by sniper101 »

lol well your life is expensive so why not jihad lol your life could worth a million dollar and more but its just a game and you respond so life's are like pennies and then you have problem with population and such but jihad should be taken away so traiters have some value to do something then just give up and kill urself with others like a lottery ticket you kill one or none but regardeing on wut u do so if we do take it out traiters will have to do something about it once they figure out ur a T like quickly ask a T to kill you "fake innocent's" seem kool right? so there is some value to taking out the jihad not saying its terrible because there could be some good on taking out and some bad like those who depend and really stick with jihad like Semtex is like taking super tape off ur mustache (ouch) then those who evolve to new ideas and plans like * cough cough win wink nudge nudge * team work go all out death match with inno's and my favorite "fake innocent's " thanks for reading folks

( hope you guys dont think this is nonsense and outrageously stupid and weird lol i think its funny and silly )

reading is good for you
I love bicycling.