A Hypocritical Belief

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

A Hypocritical Belief

Post by Nerd »

One thing that's been on my mind lately after watching a Creation vs Evolution documentary is Why do atheists / evolutionists go against what they believe!?
It's really, really annoyed me too, so, yeah.

Firstly, what do they believe? They believe (Atheistic Evolutionists) that the universe evolved, over billions of years, into what we have today. They say they can prove it, and some spend their whole lives trying to prove it, but they tend to get more questions than they get answers. They say our lives were just an 'evolved accident', a life without a purpose, making us as innate as a bag of rocks.
Now, most of them grew up in, or have a family. Most of them would love their families and want to protect them, right? But why? I mean, if you believe we evolved from rocks, what makes your family worth more than a bag of rocks. 'Oh no! My child's sick and could die!' - Why would you care if he's dying? He's just as innate as a bag of rocks, isn't he? Evolutionists? Then why do you find it so hard to not care for them :ugeek: ? To go against your purpose in life (which, if we evolved for no reason, gives it no purpose), isn't that hypocrisy?
---
But at the end of the day, if we evolved from a bag of rocks, our DNA could not be as complicated as 3 BILLION characters PER CELL, and if that isn't enough for you, multiply that by 50 TRILLION, and that's approximately how many cells are in your body, filled with 3 BILLION characters of code each. 500 THOUSAND of those cells are replaced every 3 seconds, meaning that we have completely different cells to what we had 7 years ago.
This alone, this is way too complicated to happen by chance. Surely there must be a God, an eternal being, a perfect designer. The universe has a beginning, and therefore the 'big bang' (as most evolutionists would say that happened) was near the beginning, but it doesn't show how those cells and rocks got there in the first place.. (major derp)
---
So, evolutionists, atheists, why would you care if all your friends were brutally murdered, they are just as meaningless as a bag of rocks, right? Unless, God does exist, therefore they have meaning, and this world was not an 'accident', but was part of a big plan, surely this sounds a lot better, and a lot more 'logical' (if you would) than however many cells exist in the world today with however many gazillion lines of code each being pure chance?
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
IwinUloseLOL

Re: A Hypocritical Belief

Post by IwinUloseLOL »

Well said! :)
The snake who'd held the world
a stick, a carrot and a string
was crushed beneath the foot
of your not wanting anything!!!!
SurfinRainbow

Post by SurfinRainbow »

"So, evolutionists, atheists, why would you care if all your friends were brutally murdered, they are just as meaningless as a bag of rocks, right? Unless, God does exist, therefore they have meaning, and this world was not an 'accident', but was part of a big plan, surely this sounds a lot better, and a lot more 'logical' (if you would) than however many cells exist in the world today with however many gazillion lines of code each being pure chance?"

That is uncalled for just a bit. I am atheist, and I care about my friend quite a lot, more than a bag of rocks. I do, however, believe in a higher power. I do not hate other people because they are christian. I do not spend my life searching for proof.

I hope I can do something useful for you or something. Message me! =D
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

The meaning behind life and why exist doesn't need to fall under the hands of a religion. What if the meaning of life is to live? Just as simple as that. What if we were never meant to find out how the universe was created? Humans have tried for years to recreate what happened before the big bang, and we're coming increasingly close to the truth.

Humans have emotions like love to care for their offspring. To feed it, protect it, and care for it. Why? Because it's a child. It can't do all of that itself until it's taught. It's in the design.

Evolution speaks of a piece of biological life, over years, adapting. My biggest questions to people who refuse to believe in evolution are:
Why do we still have wisdom teeth? Why do we have canine teeth? Why do we have hair? Why is our spine bent at the middle, but we still stand up straight? Why do we have a tailbone? What's the purpose of an Appendix, and why do we still have it?

I do believe we are the evolution process of some sort of primate. They are literally the other end of the spectrum of a human.

But going back to my original point, atheists don't need to believe in an entity to believe in life. And even so, at this point in time, who says God didn't create the big bang? Or design everything out? That's still a viable option. Science is there to prove what we see, smell and feel. It's their to analyze things. Religion is based off of what can't be proven, can't be seen, smelled, or touched.

I don't believe in a religion because I like to see things to believe them. I'm a huge philosopher, and I like to think about what's really behind the meaning of life. But spending too much time thinking about the meaning behind it can blind you from the real meaning...which is to live. To it's fullest.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0