Google Drive

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
DelusionalSyko

Google Drive

Post by DelusionalSyko »

What are your guys opinion on Google Drive? I've started using it today and it looks pretty simple but awesome at the same time.

I'm currently using it to share work files between my home computer, my field laptop, and my work computer.

It basically installs a program on your computer that will sync a specific folder to your google account (or on the cloud) that you can share between computers. Should be pretty cool for like...important pictures and junk like that.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Google Drive

Post by Deth V »

The only thing I'd store is gameserver files, but other than that, I don't really trust google.

Sounds like a neat program though.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I tried out Google Drive after using Dropbox for a year or so, and I don't think it's that good compared to Dropbox. I will still use it, but for the most part, my backups go on Dropbox.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Post by Nerd »

For me, I find it to be the best cloud storage for documents, mainly because it has inbuilt text/spreadsheet/presentation editors, and I use it for storing photos, school work and random other things and it works great.. In my opinion, after having used Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive, Box.net and Cubby, I overall prefer Google Drive simply because of the ease of access, built in editors / photoviewers etc, and of course the integration with the rest of my Google Accounts, and linking across accounts. But still, like any other cloud storage, I wouldn't stick files containing passwords, or other sensitive information on the drive.
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.