Voice Drain

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
DankPancakeSwag

Voice Drain

Post by DankPancakeSwag »

At peak times, almost everyone has a mic, and recently it really has become a hassle to get your word in with everyone talking at the same time. I think you should turn voice drain on to try and cut down on the amount of people talking at once. It can get very annoying.
blitz723

Re: Voice Drain

Post by blitz723 »

Yes, i completely agree, many people are leaving due to not being able to talk... It is also becoming hard on the ears lol

It would make it much easier to communicate and actually have fun with the game. Even if you just made people only able to talk for a certain amount of time per remark, or whatever

I dont know a lot about programming or computers as a matter of fact, but the bar deth had on for a little while that limited the amount of talk was actually kind of nice

If something like that could be done, *thumbs up*
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Should be the process of changing the 0 to a 1 on that plugin listing.

One of the reasons why I hardly talk on the mic is because everyone else talks over me. It's the fact that no one gives other people the chance to finish their sentence before they start blurting stuff out.

What I really like is the idea of "Within earshot" voice chat system. Where only the people near you can hear you talk on the mic. Adds a little realism to TTT as well. Not sure if the Source engine allows this sort of editing, but If it does I would love to see that on a server.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I remember adding voice drain in and I kept getting complaints about it so I turned it off. I will enable it again, with a slightly slower usage rate.

It is enabled, hope it helps.

---
There is a feature in TTT that allows for the "within earshot" voice chat, but I haven't put one on because admins would have a harder time figuring out who's harassing players over the mic.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."