Thanks

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Thanks

Post by TheRedDuncan »

It's been nearly a year since I've joined FADW.

It all started in spring, when I first tried out TTT. I had seen nothing but a single video and a brief description of the game mode.

Previously, I had played TF2 for months, when I finally stopped playing it. I decided to try out GMod, because it was one of the few games I put a small amount of time into.

I had nothing to lose.

It was one of the first servers I joined. I had fun, but didn't stay long. I joined another.

I went from one to another, trying out servers, and seeing what would happen. Some people were nice, some RDMed me when I was loading in, some people were just mean.

I rejoined the server by accident, maybe the [Family Friendly] part made me come back (I have two sisters who like to watch over my shoulder) but I came back every so often.

It was about mid-March.

At this point, I had been playing on Jailbreak and a few other TTT servers, and occasionally did an RP. I was having fun. It was Wintermansion. I had played about two rounds when I received a friend request from a player there. His name was "Soul". After he proceeded to shoot me in the face, I sent him a ":(" and I became a regular on the server.

I began to play more and more. I met people like "Dr. Medic" "Pancakes" and "Electrofied_Ethane", and began to get on as often as I could.

It was almost May.

I had been playing for a long time now, even though it didn't feel like it. I had met so many people, and I had made so many memories of backstabbery, and general amazingness. I even met this weird guy who had an "Eye of the Tiger" intro called "Coocus" or something. I had met a whole lot of people, and eventually, this "Coocus" fellow made a joke about the server's forums. I took a look at it, and decided to try it out.
It was a blast.

It turned to June.

June is always one of my favorite months. It holds many memories of things I had done.

One day, some weird fellow said "Hey Duncan" and began to act all "buddy buddy" with me, like he had known me for months. I went along with it because he seemed harmless. His name was Share.
Eventually, there was a poll on the forums for a new gameserver, and it was decided that a Minecraft server would be created. I wasn't entirely interested in it, but I popped in once or twice.

One day on the TTT server, on TTT_Clue, there was a plentiful amount of micspam, so "Coocus" or another admin there decided to gag everyone for a round. I immediately grabbed my microphone and waited.
After the round was over, I made jokes via chat that I had been talking a whole lot during the silent round, in response, about two people messaged me over steam and a few people began to say that I had a mic and should use it. During all this, a bunch of people began to yell at each other over the mic system, so I happily joined in.

Everybody either gasped or was going "WHAT".

Eventually, everybody was gagged besides me, and I spoke out loud. Peeps be craz yo.

Time flew, and people knew my name, age, and what I sounded like. I had become a member of FADW.

After much poking and being told "DO IT NOW" I finally made a moderator application. And after a few weeks, it was accepted. I was happy. I had become a part of the staff of a server I loved so much. I felt it was a way I could repay the server, and let other people know what fun I was having, and hoping they could feel it for themselves too.

It was late July.

After spending most of August traveling California and Nevada, I returned home. I wanted to play TTT, but there was a problem. My laptop was dying. Every time I would do something, it would blue screen on me.

To this day, I still haven't been able to fix it. Because of TWO. STRIPPED. SCREWS.

Eventually, I began to use a different computer, one that didn't run as fast. I was fine with this handicap. As long as I could play with my friends, it didn't matter.

It was turning to October.

Even more people began to play, and I was become even busier then ever with school. I found myself playing less and less on the TTT server, and very rarely on the Minecraft Server. I decided to try out a new game, there were FADW people playing it, so I thought it was worth a shot at trying. The name of the game is "Smite".
Our group began to meet every day we could, and play smite for a few hours. And we all had a good time. Even if I sucked and was a competitive scumbag.

Time, remains...Undefeated...

Fall, how fitting.

It was almost Thanksgiving. I knew several people on FADW didn't celebrate it. So I thought that I should be the one to post about it.

I checked the forums again before I would turn in for the night. Looking at gametracker, I saw that Deth was on the server. I checked the SMFP server, and saw a lot of my friends there. I was wishing I could play with them a bit on both servers. But I knew I had to get some sleep.

The next day, Share asked my question for me.

"BANNED!?"

I was confused, it didn't seem right. I noticed that a few other people on the forums had "Regular" colors instead of the staff colors.

Then all of it came into our present.

---

First. I would like to apologize to anybody I offended in the above, or below. And to any facts turned fakes.

Second, I would like to thank people for making me feel like a friend, even during all of this.

---

Soul, You were my biggest buddy. You befriended me first, played games with me, and even spammed me with your fancy steam emoticons. And I hope we can play more.

Thanks.

Renrag, You were second, but only by a hair. Playing TTT with you is more fun then I claim it is. Even though you still kept shooting me in jailbreak. You were also the first to hear me use a microphone.

Thanks pal.

Corrupted, You are still one of my best friends. I love playing with you when I first joined. And I still love it now. I still need to play L4D2 with you and

Unreachable, who I need to shoot more often. You are also a very good friend. I also happen to be in fresno for TG. Which reminds me.

Thanks guys!

Kyuenmaru, I love your Norwegianess, even if I keep calling you "Swedish". And one day, I will make that collaboration album with you.

Takk!

Syscoord, I love you even if you did break my heart. I'll see you around.

Thank you my love.

Boris, I also love you but not as much. Your never ending supply of stories, your inability to take people who aren't at least 18 years old seriously, and your voice make you a person I wouldn't want to run into in an abandoned mine. Or maybe even a working one. Or at all.

Thanks.

Alex, you've been a friend since it all. I remember the first time I met you (sort of). It was the first time we played that wild west night time shoot out place. You were called "Decactus" and you had the Eye of the Tiger intro.
You've done a lot for me, even if I don't know it. I want to repay you, even if it means spamming you my crazy Ghetto Hidden stuff. One day I'll think of a real way, but in the meantime, I'll just give you a newton or something.

Thanks. I mean it.

Hey Banana, sorry you're down here. But I still want to thank you for being a good friend. You too Myras.

Thanks.

Sniper, I think you'll do this community good. Even if you never become staff. That's why I need you to do your hardest, and make sure everybody has a good time. Even if you think they're a traitor who's going to stab you in the face with a knife.

Thanks.

MissChievous, or should I call you Snik? Either way, don't kill me! I need to thank you first.
You're still cool, you're still mysterious, you're still mischievous. I'm sorry I couldn't hang out and do that MC thing with you. And I still don't remember that other guy. But it doesn't matter (okay maybe it does), because there will always be room for you in my jihads.

Even if you think there is nothing for me to say "Thanks" for. I still have some for you.
Thanks Snikky. (what are you doing with that knife?)

Hey, guess who you thought wouldn't be on this list?

Muxedo Task, even though you were running late for school, I'm glad you dropped in to shoot people in the various places. Gotta catch them all man.

Thanks for the sweet sweet tunes, and being handsome.

Hotdogs, thanks for being here then, and now.

Kirito, As soon as I figure out how this 6th gen thing works, I'll take you on in Pkmn. You can count on that.

Pyro, you don't know what you've done for me, but I won't forget you for a long time.

Lordart, if you still are here. Thanks man.

Dergle, you too man.

Share, you were, and still are weird. I have a bad memory, but even I thought you came out of the blue. But it worked out. And I hope we can still kick butt as T buddies, lane buddies, or troll buddies.

Thanks for the good times.

Well. We've come to the end. There's really just one last guy I want to thank.

Yeah, it's you Deth.

I didn't really know you, and you probably heard about me from somebody maybe I dunno.
I had only played with you once or twice before becoming a part of the staff. And even then you weren't on very long. When you accepted me, I knew you probably accepted me as a part of running the server, and having trust in me and your admins. I want to keep that trust, and trust you back. And that's why I'm staying.

Even if I only joined this year, even if I'm crazy, even if you don't know me (you don't know me) you don't know me AT ALL, I'm still going to stick around like an unwanted, and poor attempt at being a helpful influence to this community.

So you're stuck with me is what I'm getting at.

And... Thanks for making this place. Thanks for opening up to people like us, even if we wreck the place. And Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Oh heck, one last thanks.

Thanks FADW. For everything you've all done for me.

Be seeing you.

*Doctor Who theme goes here*
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
sniper101

Re: Thanks

Post by sniper101 »

ug..............................................................

Friendship Is always their for you.
I love bicycling.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

*sniffle*
CorruptedMotives

Post by CorruptedMotives »

Right in the feels. Glad you're staying, I'll need someone to kill me on my traitor rounds.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I'm touched. *sniff*
I love you, Duncan.
I also wanna join the L4D2 with Movies and Reach.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Muxedo Task

Post by Muxedo Task »

I feel special that I was remembered. I still am yet to catch them all though ;-;
Shadow's Crime
FADW Admin

Post by Shadow's Crime »

That was a fun read.
Loved it.
Believe that beyond the Rain, there will be a New Day.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

That was a warming post, Duncan. I've had a great time playing with you, unfortunately not that much because of timezones, but enough to know that you're a great person indeed.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

<3