6 Months ago.

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
TheOnlyShare

6 Months ago.

Post by TheOnlyShare »

6 months ago, I first bought Garry's Mod. I heard about TTT from my brothers, but didn't know any good servers to play on. I decided to join FADW, because I have heard many good things about it. When I first joined, I remember seeing a great community, and helpful admins. I would always ask for advice if needed, or a rule to be explained to me. Overall, FADW is possibly the BEST server out there. Not only is it the BEST server out there, but the BEST community ever. You guys are family to me.

I want to say, thank you to everyone who has helped me get this involved into the community. I never thought I'd have over 400 posts on the forums (I don't care if 25% are Forum Games). I never even thought I'd become a moderator. But, thanks to all the support of the FADW staff and community, this was accomplished.

I want to say a big thank you, to ARURUS.

ARURUS is an amazing example of a true FADW admin. When I first played with him, he was very helpful, and fun to play with. We'd always have our fun times with our Silenced Pistols and what not. Then, Markus held a UHC event for Minecraft, and I was teamed up with ARURUS. I got to talk to him on my mic for 3 hours. It was a fun time, and overall, ARURUS talked to me about FADW, and all I need to know about it. We had our laughs, and great times while training for this UHC. Thank you ARURUS, for all your support and walruses. And yes, walruses are amazing.

Another big thank you to CorruptedMotives.

CorruptedMotives wasn't a moderator when I first joined the server. A week later, he was accepted. I never used my mic, or anything for the most part. CorruptedMotives helped me express "The Weird Side" of myself. I started to use my mic a lot more often, and start talking to people in the community. CorruptedMotives was one of the first moderators to actually talk to me and help me out. Even today, me and CorruptedMotives are great friends, with our Pokemon competitions, or our deathmatches in Terraria.

Huge thank you to Shadow.

Shadow showed me FADW in the first place. I don't want to go into huge detail on this part, but I'll go into some. Shadow is like a brother to me (Cause he his). I remember watching him play on FADW with Pyro, Corrupted, and Soul. I wanted to play to get to be a part of the community as soon as I could. Shadow showed me everyone in the community, and made sure I followed all the rules. Without Shadow, I wouldn't be at FADW right now. Thank you so much for showing me such an amazing community with tons of amazing people.

Another thank you to all the regulars of FADW.

You guys always make playing on FADW so much fun. It gets boring after a while just plain old TTT. But when you guys make jokes, or just do something hilarious, it makes it 10x funner. I enjoy the times we had where I was teaching everyone how to be a scrub. That was possibly the funnest time I have ever had on FADW. The support you guys gave me was incredible. I never thought I'd get this much support from anyone.

A last huge thank you, to Deth V.

Deth, I want to thank you for making this community. You probably heard this a lot in the past, but I mean it. You made an amazing community, with wonderful people. I hope FADW continues to expand and grow larger. I have no idea what i'd do without FADW. FADW is my life. Even though me and you don't get along sometimes, I still appreciate all the work you put into the community. I'm sure we are all greatful you are the rightful owner of FADW.

I still can't believe it's been 6 months. Many of you think that this isn't too much of an achievement, but I think it is. Thank you everyone in the community for what you do to keep it interesting.
Last edited by TheOnlyShare on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unicow2945

Re: 6 Months ago.

Post by unicow2945 »

And yes, walruses are amazing
For this, you get a <4. Those aren't given out often like <3's :P.
Happy anniversary Share!
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

6 months is quite some time, has it really been that long?
Happy anniversary, Share!
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

I feel so old. My little share buddy is growing up. Sniff.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

Have a 6 months of being here explosion, because the smudge tool in gimp is awesome.
A-Walrurus by any other name...