Desensitization to Violence through the Media??

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Desensitization to Violence through the Media??

Post by Nerd »

I have a school assessment in which I need your views... (english essay thing... so yeah)...
I was wondering basically..

Do you think we are being desensitized to the violence around us through the media? :geek:
If so, do you think this is a good or a bad thing, and how severe to you think it is? :ugeek:

--Thanks >:D
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Desensitization to Violence through the Media??

Post by Deth V »

Sorry I didn't reply earlier... I believe you can be desensitized to violence to a certain extent, after repeated exposure... This is not saying that someone is going to be the next killer for watching Die Hard, it's just saying that soon the images won't look as shocking to you as they would be before the repeated exposure.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."