Community Suggestions?

If you want to talk about random things, this is the place, enjoy!
Alex
FADW Guardian

Community Suggestions?

Post by Alex »

The title may be misleading, but I suck at making something that makes sense, so whatever.
I have a plan (sort of...). I want to create my own little "community" that will be a sort of affliation, but no direct connection to FADW whatsoever. Which means I need ideas of what gameserver to host. I'm planning on getting a server computer, so I can basically host any server I want, although, I'd like it to have a server that FADW doesn't have already.

So please give me some suggestions! =)
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Re: Community Suggestions?

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Day of Defeat: Source
Nuclear Dawn

Both source, both FPS, both I own. ;)

(or arma 3 I suppose)
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

DoD: Source might be a good idea, actually.
I thought about the two others, but I don't have either Nuclear Dawn or ARMA 3, so I don't think those can be an option, for now.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

CS:GO :D:D:D
What the.......Did I win?
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

CS:GO would be interesting, hmm...
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

I can give you some stuff.

People like...

FTB
POKEMON
Plain Minecraft (Barely any plugins, and stuff)
POKEMON
Arma 3
POKEMON
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Nuclear Dawn is fun, but it's almost completely clan driven (it even has achievements for clan related stuff!) and if you try to command when you're below level 30 (or even 40 sometimes) you will get yelled at, complained at, and attempted vote demotes, even if you're really good. Also 80% of players will want you to use a mic, even as a grunt, so you can have all sorts of team strats and all that.

Basically, the community isn't very newb friendly.

Past all that bad stuff, I've had a lot of fun with good players, well balanced teams, and sometimes super close games.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

TheOnlyShare wrote:I can give you some stuff.

People like...

FTB
POKEMON
Plain Minecraft (Barely any plugins, and stuff)
POKEMON
Arma 3
POKEMON
Arma 3 is already suggested, and FADW already has a Minecraft server. It only has some plugins to grief-protect, basically.
FTB is out of the question, I barely enjoy playing mod/modpacks.
TheRedDuncan wrote:Nuclear Dawn is fun, but it's almost completely clan driven (it even has achievements for clan related stuff!) and if you try to command when you're below level 30 (or even 40 sometimes) you will get yelled at, complained at, and attempted vote demotes, even if you're really good. Also 80% of players will want you to use a mic, even as a grunt, so you can have all sorts of team strats and all that.

Basically, the community isn't very newb friendly.

Past all that bad stuff, I've had a lot of fun with good players, well balanced teams, and sometimes super close games.
Nuclear Dawn might not be the game for me then. I'm not gonna enjoy the game if I'm getting yelled at my first day.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
KJ9898

Post by KJ9898 »

DoD: Source or CSS would get my votes
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

KJ9898 wrote:DoD: Source or CSS would get my votes
CSS might be worth a shot, actually.