PUPPIES C:

Have an obsession with animals? Post here about them!
hotdogs
FADW Admin

PUPPIES C:

Post by hotdogs »

One puppy in particular:

His name is Whisper, and he is four months old. I am currently in the process of trying to adopt him. -crosses fingers-
He is a white aussie shephard, and completely deaf. AND I AM SO IN LOVE WITH HIM ~_~

The adoption process is taking forever :C I had to send in my application and wait for it to be accepted, which takes between 1-2 weeks. Then he will cost $250. They have to ship him from Mississippi to Maine, and THEN I can go get him.

Don't worry, more pictures will come when he is safe in my arms.
Last edited by hotdogs on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hotdogs
FADW Admin

Re: PUPPIES C:

Post by hotdogs »

Oh I see. Well, regardless, I think he is the most beautiful dog I have ever seen in my life. He has a sister named Echo, also deaf. And I am getting him from an Animal Shelter in Maine, but they have to ship him from Mississippi.

This is my application, minus my personal infomation.

4) Number of adults in household: 3

Children: 3 | Ages: 13, 14, 17

5) Current animals in the household: A small poodle mix, around the age of 7. Her name is Fusha, and she was rescued from an abusive home several months ago. Although very timid, she gets along well with other animals. Also, a guinea pig around the age of 13 named Caramel, who has been in the household for a very long time.

6) Animals you have owned in the last 5 years

Name Species Breed
Bandit Dog Beagle Mix
Dixie Dog Chihuahua

Where are the Pets now? Bandit is currently under the safe care of my father, back home in Alabama. When I moved to New Hampshire, I could not take him along with me due to financial issues. Also, I did not want to strip him away from the comfort of his home. Dixie passed away around 3 years ago due to old age. Her heart simply gave out. I rescued her from an abusive home, and since then she never left my side, knowing that I would keep her safe from any harm.

7) Have you ever given an animal away and if so under what circumstances? Yes. I gave my most recent pet away to my father, due to moving across the States and without the finances to bring him along with me.

If not, under what circumstances might you see giving up your pet?

8) Are you willing to spend the time adjusting your animal to its new environment and working through problems that may arise? Yes. I am aware that Whisper is a deaf puppy. I have had experiences raising deaf dogs, and I have been refining my memory by reading hundreds of articles and tips on how to give him the comfort of a loving him and also tips on how to train him properly. I am very excited about being able to communicate with him and show him a whole new world. Even though a silent one, he will know he is loved.

9) Are you able to provide for your animals medical expenses? All and any that he might need.

10) Understanding that a dog may live for up to 17 years, are you willing to make that commitment for the life of your pet? I am more than willing to make that commitment, and I will make sure all of his lifetime, he will be loved and cherished every second.

11) Are you familiar with the animal control laws in your area? Yes. All dogs 4 months and older must be registered, numbered, described, vaccinated, and licensed annually.

12) Do you have a fenced in yard? No.

How will your dog be kept outside? I will not keep my puppy outside, due to the harsh weathers of New Hampshire. However, when he needs to go outside to use the bathroom, I will keep him close on a lead, to ensure no harm comes his way. Because he is deaf, I cannot simply call his name for him to come back to me. I understand the constant care and attention he will need, and more than willing to provide it.

13) How will you exercise your dog? Not only will I take him for walks and enjoy play time with him, but I also plan to have desensitization exercises with him as well. I am aware that because he is deaf, he will be easily startled when approached from behind or awoken to touch. By desensitizing him, he will associate being touched unexpectedly as a good thing and respond positively.

14) How many hours will your pet be left alone? At the moment, he will not be left alone more than 1 to 2 hours. I currently am unemployed and have all the time in the world to give my puppy every bit of attention he needs.

How will he/she be kept while you are away? I would not be away from him for the first couple of months at least, so that he could become adjusted to his new home and learn all of the obstacles. Because he is crate trained, I will mostly keep him in his crate with food and water, along with toys to keep him occupied for the short time I would be away from him. I would make sure he watches me leave, so that he is not to become too anxious if he turns around and I am not there. I am planning on communicating through hand signs, based on the American Sign Language, and teaching him signs such as, "I will be back right back."

15) What will you do with your pet if you go out of town? Going out of town, I will either hire a pet sitter or leave him under the care of a close relative. I will make sure they are provided with everything he needs while I am away, and that they know the proper things to do to make sure he is comfortable and happy. Because I would treat him as if he were my child, I would most likely call daily to check up on him.

16) Does anyone in your family have allergies to animals? A few people have allergies to cats.

17) Does everyone in your family agree to the adoption of this animal? Yes, and they are very excited about adding him to our family.

18) Who is your current or previous veterinarian? At the moment, I do not have one. But as soon as I have him, I will find the perfect veterinarian as soon as possible.

Phone number?

20) Why do you want this animal? I have several answers to this question. The moment I saw Whisper, I was instantly in love. He fell into my heart, and I knew we were meant to be together. I have a tender heart for broken things, and know that because of the love I have for animals, I can provide him with each and every bit of attention he needs to ensure he has a comfortable and happy life. Because I had to leave my previous dog behind, there is an empty hole inside me that I wish to fill, and even though I cannot replace Bandit, I can love another just as much. I want this animal more than anything, and I want to show him that even though he cannot hear, I want him to know he can live a normal life, knowing that people love and care for him for all of his days to come.

21) Do you have an active or quiet household? My household is generally quiet, especially during the day times. At night it gets semi active when everyone is home, but never too much.
micswix

Re: PUPPIES C:

Post by micswix »

"Do you have a quiet household?"

.... Must refrain from making horrible jokes....