Your rig

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
Shameful

Re: Your rig

Post by Shameful »

Well, apart from the broken pc and the monitor with a chunk ripped out its pretty decent, I use it too play on FADW.
Oh No! The Detective got knifed what a shame!
You didn't kill anyone with that jihad you should feel ashamed!
You killed your Traitor Buddy, you're getting slain, it's a shame!
I hate those jokes >:(
deathham

Post by deathham »

Well, this inst necessarily my rig yet, but i just wanted to see what other people thought about it. I'm under a little budget (around 750-800$) so it's not gonna be the best.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
Video Card: Zotac AMP! ZT-50302-10M
Memory: 8gb OWC CL7
Case: Rosewill FBM-01
Power Supply: Cooler Master extreme Power Plus RS-550-Pcar-E3
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS (1TB)

As for the keyboard, monitor, and mouse, I will deiced on those later. Right now I just want to have my PC all done. But feel free to leave suggestions on what I should change and what not.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Nice. I wish I could have that :(
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

deathham wrote: CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
Video Card: Zotac AMP! ZT-50302-10M
Memory: 8gb OWC CL7
Case: Rosewill FBM-01
Power Supply: Cooler Master extreme Power Plus RS-550-Pcar-E3
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS (1TB)
This will be better:
CPU: Intel core i5 3470 (The K version's just mean you can overclock them. If you don't know how to overclock, or don't want to...don't get the K versions. This one is the Ivy Bridge predisessor of the 2500, and it's only slightly faster at the same price. I would recommend getting the latest architecture than getting the 2500k)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41 Z77 Chipset LGA 1155
Video Card: HIS iCooler Radeon HD 7770
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-912
Hard Drive: Seagate Barricuda 1TB

Price for all this is $684 on Newegg. You also need to factor in the $100 for the operating system.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Lol my rig is the worst ever but excellent processes tho
intel 4000 HD
not even a graphic card :l
intel core i7 tho lol all i want to say lol but this 4000 is rlly good to my prospective next time when i get a job ill get a real one
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

The Intel HD Graphics 4000 is terrible compared to other laptops with the same price, but that's Intel integrated graphics for ya.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Lol i know but it plays alot of games nicely i can play planet side 2 in med graphics still laggy tho lol i will get a better computer if i get that job
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Yeah, the 4000 isn't bad, but not really good either, at least not compared to the GT's/Radeon's you get for the same price.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
deathham

Post by deathham »

This will be better:
CPU: Intel core i5 3470 (The K version's just mean you can overclock them. If you don't know how to overclock, or don't want to...don't get the K versions. This one is the Ivy Bridge predisessor of the 2500, and it's only slightly faster at the same price. I would recommend getting the latest architecture than getting the 2500k)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41 Z77 Chipset LGA 1155
Video Card: HIS iCooler Radeon HD 7770
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-912
Hard Drive: Seagate Barricuda 1TB

Price for all this is $684 on Newegg. You also need to factor in the $100 for the operating system.
Thank you, didnt really know that and now you saved me a couple hundred dollars!
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

deathham wrote:Thank you, didnt really know that and now you saved me a couple hundred dollars!
The 2500k/2400 is an amazing proc. But at this time, sadly, it's outdated and has been replaced. So getting the most recent architecture is always good :)

If you wanted to, you can swap it out for an AMD build and save even more money. Most people are insanely against AMD building for gaming, but I'm still a huge fan of AMD and I'm interested in building one for gaming. HOWEVER amd is budget. They are no where near the performance speed of Intel's chips. You can compare a quad-core processor vs an intel quad-core at the same speed, and the Intel will demolish it and stomp it into the dirt. But if you're on a strict budget, it's something to look into.

Also, I've noticed a lot of pre-built desktops with pretty descent hardware for good prices. Building PC's these days seems to be slightly more expensive rather than buying it from a company. Check out some HP builds and Asus builds to see if you can find a good deal. I just recently saw a build with an i7 proc 8gb of ram for about $700 - $800. And it also comes with a warranty :)

Graphics is just as important as processor. I would rather have an insanely fast processor and a crappy GPU. A lot of games these days, as well as a lot of graphically enhanced programs (Flash player) is CPU accelerated. So if you can get an i7 proc, I would HIGHLY recommend that over the i5. Most of the i7's support hyperthreading, and none of the i5s support it.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0