Banned permanently for asking for clarification.

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
TheOnlyShare

Banned permanently for asking for clarification.

Post by TheOnlyShare »

I got banned for asking what names are allowed on the servers, and I asked a few questions to see if they were allowed.

None of these names where offensive, I got banned because I was apparently "Trolling" when I did nothing wrong.

From what I can tell, I got banned for saying "Jesus is a common name used in Mexico, and I have a few friends named Jesus, especially one of my best friends."

Then I proceeded to say that "Jesus should be a name, if used correctly"

After I was about to say something else, I was banned without question. This is completely illogical, and unprofessional. I found it very stupid I got banned for such a retarded reason.

Saint was trying to explain to me why the name wasn't allowed, so I decided to listen to him, but I was then rudely banned forever. YEP, FOREVER. Not a week, not two weeks, not three weeks, but forever. I was trying to seek up why it wasn't allowed, and due to this, I started to use examples of other names that were heavily used in the Bible, we're supposedly allowed on the server. My friend, Jesus (Pronounced hey-zeuz) wants to play on this server, so my initial reaction was to try to see if I can get him to play on this server. His IGN is JesusL281. If this name wasn't appropriate for our server, I wanted to see why, and why only this name. Apparently, I can't get a simple reason without getting banned forever.

The reasoning behind the ban is illogical.

I have been kicked earlier from the server for changing my name too many times, WHILE I WAS SPECTATING. I wasn't dead, I was SPECTATING.

I changed it only 3 times, to see which one I liked more, but got kicked. When I got back on, I was KICKED AGAIN for the reason "Change name or ban".

I didn't have a chance to change my name because the ADS wouldn't let me do so.

Then while someone was explaining to me something, I WAS KICKED AGAIN. (You getting to the main point yet?)

If an admin is trying to explain something to a player, about a rule they broke or something else, and ANOTHER ADMIN KICKED THEM FROM THE SERVER...

You can't expect the player to learn what to do if he's constantly kicked for no reason.

This really pissed me off greatly, and I would suggest that the server is going downhill from what I can tell, due to the fact of the low communication between the admins/mods.

If the bans are this quick, you can't expect ANY player to learn the rules of the server, or even bother to stay on.

This ruined my entire experience on the server, and got a bunch of people upset for a stupid ban.

I would like to see some action be dealt to this situation, or at least tell me (In a different chat) how I can change my friends name to something that is "Family Friendly".

From the looks of these staff members, not many are very "Family Friendly" in the fact they are completely rude to the players that are trying to make a small point on the server.

Thanks.
Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Banned permanently for asking for clarification.

Post by Deth V »

TheOnlyShare wrote:I got banned for asking what names are allowed on the servers, and I asked a few questions to see if they were allowed.
You are a former admin, why don't you already know?

None of these names were offensive, I got banned because I was apparently "Trolling" when I did nothing wrong.
Really now? How can you be sure the names were not offensive if you had to ask a question about them.

From what I can tell, I got banned for saying "Jesus is a common name used in Mexico, and I have a few friends named Jesus, especially one of my best friends."
To be honest I've heard a LOT of trolls use that line.
But you didn't get banned for that.. you got banned over multiple trollish statements... like this one:
1: [18:28:22] Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: It relates to religion even more.
Line 11561: [18:28:38] Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: And it could be offensive to other people, such as athiests
Line 11593: [18:29:06] Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: Personally, i'm an anthiest and i'm offended by any religious terms, like "Saint"

Line 11823: [18:37:35] (TEAM) Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: Saint
Line 11827: [18:37:54] (TEAM) Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: If the religious term, "Saint" is allowed, can I have the name "Bird Jesus"
Line 11829: [18:38:03] (TEAM) Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: Jesus is a regular name, I have a few friends named Jesus
Line 11833: [18:38:05] (TEAM) [ADMIN]: No because that is direct. Stop trolling Share
Then I proceeded to say that "Jesus should be a name, if used correctly"
You weren't using it correctly :)

After I was about to say something else, I was banned without question. This is completely illogical, and unprofessional. I found it very stupid I got banned for such a retarded reason.
Illogical? Not from what I'm reading. Unprofessional? Not as far as I can tell, you were trolling (Badly I might add).

Saint was trying to explain to me why the name wasn't allowed, so I decided to listen to him, but I was then rudely banned forever. YEP, FOREVER. Not a week, not two weeks, not three weeks, but forever. I was trying to seek up why it wasn't allowed, and due to this, I started to use examples of other names that were heavily used in the Bible, we're supposedly allowed on the server.
You were banned after multiple warnings.
Then you started saying this:
ne 11877: [18:39:33] (TEAM) Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: My friend isn't religious.
Line 11881: [18:39:40] (TEAM) Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: That means the name Matt isn't allowed, thats religous
Line 11883: [18:39:43] (TEAM) Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: So is Jogn
Line 11885: [18:39:45] (TEAM) Share's "The Bad Doctor" Combee: John*
Plenty of trolls have trolled like you were trolling. We've seen it so much, I'm surprised you didn't try a different play.
My friend, Jesus (Pronounced hey-zeuz) wants to play on this server, so my initial reaction was to try to see if I can get him to play on this server. His IGN is JesusL281. If this name wasn't appropriate for our server, I wanted to see why, and why only this name. Apparently, I can't get a simple reason without getting banned forever.
You mean Michael under the IGN name of JesusL281?
I have been kicked earlier from the server for changing my name too many times, WHILE I WAS SPECTATING. I wasn't dead, I was SPECTATING.
That could be an automatic server thing.

Then while someone was explaining to me something, I WAS KICKED AGAIN. (You getting to the main point yet?)
You were only kicked once.

This really pissed me off greatly, and I would suggest that the server is going downhill from what I can tell, due to the fact of the low communication between the admins/mods.
Server is actually starting to go up hill after I banned a certain troll group :)

If the bans are this quick, you can't expect ANY player to learn the rules of the server, or even bother to stay on.

This ruined my entire experience on the server, and got a bunch of people upset for a stupid ban.
I would like to see some action be dealt to this situation, or at least tell me (In a different chat) how I can change my friends name to something that is "Family Friendly".

From the looks of these staff members, not many are very "Family Friendly" in the fact they are completely rude to the players that are trying to make a small point on the server.

From the looks of you, you were being extremely rude to my staff, and extremely trollish, and you being former staff, should know better, you were acting like a classic troll.

APPEAL DENIED
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

too long ; didn't read
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Goodbye! :)

Enjoy your ban from the forums.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."