Check dis swag connection speed

Have any other hobbies that don't fit any other forums and you want to talk about it? Post here!

Once there is enough of one hobby, There will be a seperate section made just for that.

This is also for the topics that have no place in the general community section.
Maxaroni

Check dis swag connection speed

Post by Maxaroni »

I checked my overnight downloads and the peak download speed was 3,432,228,096.0 Gigabytes per second.
gg world
Arbee's chickin nuggets, their so fine! Arbee's chickin nuggets will blow your mind!
sniper101

Re: Check dis swag connection speed

Post by sniper101 »

:l
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

sniper101 wrote::l
That's all you post?
Talk about a useless post.

Back to topic.
Steam has one of those times where it just.... can't do math right.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

inb4 :| response
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol yea
I mean its my reaction like how is that useless post?
Clearly I am just saying thats not possible because maxaroni always complain to me about his internet speeds and over steam chat and over the gmod server and how much he lags and his ping level
but anyway to the Topic
I think its because it went into sleep mode but its still downloading so it assumes it downloaded all that in one second even tho it downloaded while sleeping over that time
I love bicycling.
Maxaroni

Post by Maxaroni »

Sniper, the only problem with your theory is that i didnt download 3.4 billion gigabytes of data in one night. gg sniper.
Arbee's chickin nuggets, their so fine! Arbee's chickin nuggets will blow your mind!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

I guess it keeps counting the gigabites
and u sure its not mega bites?
I love bicycling.
Maxaroni

Post by Maxaroni »

Yeah im sure its Gigabytes. Btw 3.4 billion megabytes would be 3432228 gb so it wouldnt matter anyway.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

I find most numbers the Steam client gives me to be unreliable.

Take, for example, when I bought Half-Life. Steam told me that it would take a few hours to download. 15 seconds later, I was playing Half-Life. No hyperbole used.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Maxaroni

Post by Maxaroni »

Thats not the worst example of steam-ness. It probably said it would take "4 hours at 30kbs" and you got 100kbs or something. Steam cant predict your connection speed accurately. but it does do the math right when calculating how long it would take at the given (random) speed. This happens to me every time exept instead of "1 hour at 1,024mbs" i end up getting 48 hours at 30kbs- 5kbs. Lucky scrubs with their mainstream internet BURN IN A PIT- i mean have a happe new year!