3 years ago.

This is the place to post important announcements, we will post announcements here from time to time, remember, you can post your own announcements too!
Alex
FADW Guardian

3 years ago.

Post by Alex »

3 years ago, the FADW forums were born. We didn't have many active members at the time, but a few (mostly me and some old-time veterans).
We started out as a community based around Half-Life 2 Deathmatch roleplay, and trust me, those times were fun until the whole mod sort of died. It got to the point where we had to shut down that server, and this forum was pretty much dead for a while. And it was, until like a year ago.

As a long-time veteran, the one that has been active the longest (after Deth), I have to say that after 3 years, the last year has been pretty interesting. The community has gotten more players and we keep getting more so-called "regulars". In the end, the forum has a new yellow marker (at least one) every single day. And you have no idea how happy I am after seeing this dead for so long.

Thank you all, for bringing this community to life. It has for one, given me some enjoyment, but I also hope you guys enjoy the servers we offer. Unfortunately, we can't please everyone's suggestions, but we try.

May you all have a wonderful time while you're on FADW, and if you don't, our staff is here to help you out with any FADW-related issues you have.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Re: 3 years ago.

Post by hawkiee552 »

Aaand if it weren't for me, Alex would've never "met" Deth! :D

But yeah, I regret that I didn't join the FADW forums when it first were created, I was so focused on school (8th grade) that I didn't want to.

I think this community is going to keep this amount of regulars for a long time, instead of everyone just leaving out of nowhere.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

I wish I had played TTT back when I first got it (I was sort of skeptical about multiplayer games until I first played TF2 (Which, by the way, downloaded itself after I played some GMod SB) and DoD:S) because I know I would have found the server back then. But I'm glad I joined the bandwagon when it first started getting rolling, and it's been fun ever since. I got to meet all you cool peoples (Especially Alex, renrag, and Hellosharedmotivesone(Iwasn'tgonnamakeitoneword, but I had to because lols.)) and had a ton o fun with it, and with some nudging I became a bigger part of this awesome community, and I hope we enjoy it for a long time from now.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

I've told deth this before, But, This is literally the best thing I've done in gaming. Seriously. Being involved in this community, It's like being in a family. An Awesome, Weird, Same as me family. This is amazing. Thank you.
What the.......Did I win?
syscoord
Banned

Post by syscoord »

cactus used feels

its not very effective

syscoord used bad joke

its super effective!

Cactus fainted
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

syscoord wrote:cactus used feels

its not very effective

syscoord used bad joke

its super effective!

Cactus fainted
Syscoord gained 9001 Exp.

Syscoord leveled up.

Syscoord has learned: "Ban hammah"

hp: 1337
atk: 93242374
def: 2
spc atk: 8493849327429347324724482497412873018273012731202
spc def: -10001000010110001101
spd: 3389.5
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

TheRedDuncan wrote:
syscoord wrote:cactus used feels

its not very effective

syscoord used bad joke

its super effective!

Cactus fainted
Syscoord gained 9001 Exp.

Syscoord leveled up.

Syscoord has learned: "Ban hammah"

hp: 1337
atk: 93242374
def: 2
spc atk: 8493849327429347324724482497412873018273012731202
spc def: -10001000010110001101
spd: 3389.5
A wild Deth V has appeared!

Go Syscoord!

Deth V Is exerting pressure.

What will you do now?

Fight
Bag
Pokemon
Run
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Syscoord Used Bad Joke!

It's not very effective.

Deth V used Banhammer.

It's Super effective!!!

Syscoord fainted.
What the.......Did I win?
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

*WARNING, DERAILED THREAD IMMINENT*
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Markusmoo wrote:*WARNING, DERAILED THREAD IMMINENT*
QUICK. HIT THE ABORT BUTTON.

*Aborts derailing*
Phew.

Anyway, onto the subject of three years of FADW.

LET US GO BACK IN TIME WITH OUR WONDERFUL GUIDE DUNCAN.

I dunno any of FADW's history. Sorry, but I don't. Unless someone wants to do what I can't and talk about all those wonderful people of the years. (People I've only seen in the old forum posts like Iwin, hotdogs, syscoord, and Syko. But since I know nothing, and if people want it to stay that way then IGNORE ME.)