Regular Rank

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!

Should we have a regular rank?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 25

Port_A_Build

Regular Rank

Post by Port_A_Build »

I noticed Alex added ranks. We should add a regular rank. Idea courtesy of Deathbringer.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Deathbringer
FADW Moderator

Re: Regular Rank

Post by Deathbringer »

I did the thing, you know. The Idea thing. :^)
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I had the idea to add it, but I don't see the whole point of it.
You see, donators are supposed to have a special rank, and if we add a "regular" rank, the donator rank isn't that special. Even if we just do the generic white color of the "Regular" rank.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I feel like this will create a barrier for new players who join this server, that deep inside, they'll feel like they have to become a regular in rank before they get to know people.. I'd just rather have the different staff titles for convenience, and donator titles for those who donate.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

/thread because of kyuenmaru :P
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

A regular in my mind: "Someone who has played on the server more then once. Hasn't broken more then three rules. And I can remember their name." This is just for me anyway. A rank is just a way to look cool, not really helpful, in fact, it might counts as bragging, I don't like the idea. If your a regular, no need to show it off, just knife someone and laugh at them!
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Deth V wrote:/thread because of kyuenmaru :P
What? I didn't understand that.. :?
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

TheRedDuncan wrote:A regular in my mind: "Someone who has played on the server more then once. Hasn't broken more then three rules. And I can remember their name." This is just for me anyway. A rank is just a way to look cool, not really helpful, in fact, it might counts as bragging, I don't like the idea. If your a regular, no need to show it off, just knife someone and laugh at them!
I'm agreeing Ten Squared Precent with duncan.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

I vote no because logic. Sorry, Death.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

I vote yus but maybe we should make an application thread or something to get a regular rank?
good suggestion, no?
and forum too to be a regular
I love bicycling.