Major NZ Quake

A section to post interesting news pertaining to being weird/ different, and news about other interesting things.
Nerd
FADW Guardian

Major NZ Quake

Post by Nerd »

So yeah, basically about 5 hours ago quite a large (6.9) quake hit Wellington, NZ's capital, which didn't kill anyone thankfully, but did quite a bit of damage.. Although most of the buildings such as the parliament and universities are earthquake proof so they didnt sustain major damage, lots of the roads and older buildings got pretty busted up..
But at least no one died... yet... Seeing there've been quakes ranging from 3-6 over the past few days (not very far apart from each other) http://www.geonet.org.nz/quakes/felt, it wouldn't surprise me if another few strong ones jolted the capital sometime soon.

And it's been just over 2 years since Christchurch was badly hit by a 6.6 or something that killed a few hundred people.

Looks like it's moving up the country lol... good thing I'm moving to Wellington hopefully next year (although probably not if the city gets destroyed)... the current city I live in is built upon 50+ volcanoes (yes 50+ (Auckland... and it's north of Wellington which is north of Christchurch).. maybe volcanoes next :O?
Live your best life. It's the only one we get.