My future is set!

A section to post interesting news pertaining to being weird/ different, and news about other interesting things.
Giga-bite.exe

My future is set!

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

So, I got amazing news for everyone here...
I am officially in the Navy.
I'm sworn in and I got my job.
I'm just in delayed entry and I just have to graduate...then I ship off to boot camp
Now...you may be wondering: What my job is and when I ship out
Well...
My job is Cryptology
Description: "When it comes to sensitive military communications, the continuous battle is to keep one’s information concealed and protected while simultaneously exposing and deciphering that of the enemy. The general role of a Cryptologic Technician (CT) in the Navy is to help maximize operational integrity and situational awareness by collecting, analyzing and reporting on communication signals using computers, specialized computer-assisted communications equipment and video display terminals. It’s a highly secretive job that is carried out by different types of CTs with advanced training in specific areas of cryptology.

Serving as Enlisted Sailors (high school diploma or equivalent required), Navy Cryptologic Technicians are part of the Information Dominance Corps (IDC) – a group of highly specialized information experts fully integrated across surface, subsurface, air, space and cyberspace domains. With shared functions, capabilities and resources, IDC members leverage their skills to optimize decision making and to maximize the use of sensors, weapons, network communications and control systems for purposes of national security and warfighting."

Basically...I'm being a code breaker. I'm deciphering secret code and stuff like that. High tech.
And, thank Slenderman, I have a year before I ship
Well, a little less
But yeah
I ship June 19th, 2014.
2 weeks after graduating high school.
So my future is set, now.
I got a good paying job that has extremely good benefits
And I can go to college
And with a Navy paycheck...I can support a family and do it very well.
So I'm very happy :)
TheOnlyShare

Re: My future is set!

Post by TheOnlyShare »

ggwpnorehfgl

(Good Game, Well Played, No Redo, Have Fun, Good Luck)
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

osywn

(ok so yea what now?)
I love bicycling.
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Well, I guess that this is the last months you're here. Be smart, Keep a job, We'll see you somewhere else.
What the.......Did I win?
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

As I said, if you like what you do, do it, get paid. Guess there's not too much to say about it. And I am gonna miss you. So keep in touch, or I'm going to have to join the enemy side and make a super hard to crack code to get yr attention!
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Giga-bite.exe

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

TheRedDuncan wrote:As I said, if you like what you do, do it, get paid. Guess there's not too much to say about it. And I am gonna miss you. So keep in touch, or I'm going to have to join the enemy side and make a super hard to crack code to get yr attention!
Hahaha. Of course. I'll still get on FADW when I can. So I'm not gone forever. And I'm still here for a long time.