Ugh... This timing couldn't be worse.

This is the place to post important announcements, we will post announcements here from time to time, remember, you can post your own announcements too!
Ridiculous_Banana

Ugh... This timing couldn't be worse.

Post by Ridiculous_Banana »

So, I finally got my laptop back, as some of you might have seen me on. However, some sad news has arisen in the form of a letter. Here is an excerpt:

This summer, you will need to read October Sky by Homer Hickman. During the first week of class, you will be tested on the Characters,Plot, Theme, and Main Ideas of the book. To assist you in understanding the book, please complete a Chapter Log for each of the chapters in the book.

For EACH chapter of the book, please include:
A.) A one page summary of the main events
B.) A description of each of the important characters and the changes they experience.
C.) A collage of pictures (Magazine, drawings or computer graphics) to highlight key ideas. The Chapter Logs should be organized in a folder that will be turned in on the first day of class.

This being said, you may not see me on as much. this book has 26 chapters on it, which levels out to about 76 pages of work.
caboosh

Re: Ugh... This timing couldn't be worse.

Post by caboosh »

Hey I got that letter too
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

October Sky... I remember that. We watched the movie in 8th grade. I liked the movie, but we had to write this huge essay about it and what not. Luckily, my teacher totally forgot about it completely and we never finished it 50%. Thank god..
Ridiculous_Banana

WELL LUCKY YOU.

Sorry dude, I'm just really steamed about this.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

You should be, it was a great story/movie, just the writing part ticked me off. I hated that week. I literally did half my essay, and we moved on to other stuff. I think I did this video presentation that got my teacher very happy. She was amazed, so she made EVERYONE do their next presentation with electronics ONLY. It was fun seeing other people buying 120$ programs just to get a grade, when I literally used Window Movie Maker. It was a fun 3 weeks. Too funny. Anyways, GOOD LUCK. You'll need it, unless you're an amazing writer like me, and like to implement some funny things in it (Only in stories)
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Wow that's ridiculous when did schools start wanting to waste everyone's time? And also isn't summer break supposed to be a break?

I feel bad for you.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Norwegian schools ain't got too much homewurk, cuz we got swag! (We still complain about it though.)
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

In addition to what Kyuenmaru said, I don't even do much of my homework, and still get pretty good grades (unless you count those subjects I don't do anything in).
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Ridiculous_Banana

School starts in about 3 weeks. I'm trying my best to get on as much as possible.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Deth V wrote:Wow that's ridiculous when did schools start wanting to waste everyone's time? And also isn't summer break supposed to be a break?

I feel bad for you.
I just graduated 8th grade in June, and all my friends went to different high schools.

What they have to do.

1. Take 5 weeks of Summer School (Just to get in)

2. Take a huge 2 part test (Again, to get in)

3. Have all this other stuff (I have no ideas on the details)

4. Take a Placement test (Who doesn't?)

What I have to do.

1. Take a Placement test (To see where they should put me)

2. Take two, yes, TWO days of bootcamp during the summer (4 Hours each day)

That's about all I have to do. Again, all my friends basically wasted their time.. :P