Unwritten rules, and the motd

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Unwritten rules, and the motd

Post by TheRedDuncan »

So anyone who has played with me will know I LOVE to traitor bait. It's a fun way to pass the time when T's are slow, and a way to quench my never ending bloodlust. So today I was told about "Karma Dumping". Karma dumping is the act of an inno doing something traitorous to lower another innos karma. Now I love to carry UNID bodies that killed themselves, and run around. I never complain about being killed, but then I was told that I would be slain for doing that, which conserned me. I like to be on top of the rules as much as possible, and hope someone can either update the motd and put down the rules, or post and let me know.

Thanks! -Duncan.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Unwritten rules, and the motd

Post by Alex »

Who said that? Traitor baiting is allowed and karma trolling (that's what I like to call it) is sort of part of traitor baiting. You should not be able to be slain for carrying an unID'd as an innocent, if people used common sense they would realize that if you were a traitor, you wouldn't openly run around with an unidentified body if you were traitor. I'm updating the motd, and hopefully I will be able to cover most of it.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

tony said that you said it Alex. I assumed it was true, as I was not on at the time.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Im_Soul wrote:tony said that you said it Alex. I assumed it was true, as I was not on at the time.
Tony has made too many "Rules" such as this one, having to do 5 damage to be KOSable, and 10 for a prop. All of these are not true. Something should be done here :P
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Who is this Tony? I do not think lightly of players who make up their own rules.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Players who make up their rules don't have any real say, ignore them.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
KJ9898

Post by KJ9898 »

The real problem is that some people (don't know who exactly because i'm not there when they do it) make up a rule and then it spreads and people think it is a real server rule, i've been running into this a lot recently.
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Exactly ^
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I have never said that you can get punished for carrying an unidentified body, unless you're preventing the detective from getting DNA or similar (while being innocent). Duncan usually carries someone that has suicided, fallen or gotten slain, because it has no DNA.

Only thing similar to this is that you can kill someone if it looks like they're trying to hide the body. Now running around openly with a body like you do Duncan is just traitor baiting, and traitor baiting is allowed. Guess I will need to ask Tony what I said, and when I said that.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!