Wow Google. Just wow.

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Kyuenmaru

Re: Wow Google. Just wow.

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I think people are overreacting. You can easily use your YouTube account without having to use your G+. (With the exception of some channel settings, but it's honestly not that important.)

The so-called youtube comment riot is disgusting. They give us more freedom in the comment section.. What does the community of youtube do? They spam the comment section to show that it's a horrible idea. Ignorance doesn't get worse than the way these bandwagon horses are contradicting themselves.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

But the migration to G+ was unnecessary. The comments now automatically allow links, which always leads to spam. I'm not saying everyone that posts a link is a spammer, but the majority of links (bots) are just that. You can of course block it, but why does every YouTuber have to go through the hassle of blocking comments that have "http://" or similar in it. It's plain stupid.

The fact that you HAVE to have a G+ account linked to your YouTube to comment on videos is pointless. You don't need to add a comment system that requires you to link your YT account to an "external" service (in this case, it is, G+ is more of a social media than an entertainment platform.
Now when it comes to the point where people spam idiotic stuff like "BOB IS INVADING YOUTUBE" and stuff like that, I have to agree with Kyuen. The YouTube community isn't making the change better, they're making it worse by destroying the comment section. I've seen big YouTubers actually disable their whole comment section because of this. That ruins the whole feedback part of YouTube, where some people comment (not that many, sadly) constructively, with proper feedback and criticism.

YouTube settings are a bit confusing right now, but they're also nice. I like the new features, and I'll probably get used to the navigation, but I don't see how G+ was needed for this either.
Also, Kyuen, you can't really use your YouTube account without Google+ anymore, unless you wanna watch videos without commenting at all on them. I kept my YT account unlinked to G+ until Google decided to go all "Let's make them have to link their accounts to G+ to actually comment! :DDDDDD", then I basically had to. I like commenting on videos, that's the whole problem here. No one really complained until they made this comment change.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Coiner10 wrote:We all probably agreed to it when we accepted the terms and conditions without reading them.
Just checked them. Nowhere in there does it say that they could link my YouTube account to a Google+ account without even telling me.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I just went through the whole linking on a different account. I noticed something.
Right above the "Accept the terms" thing, it actually says "Your channel will get a new page on Google+" if you don't have one already.
The first one was only there because I had a G+ account already, but my point still stands.

And just to make sure, I also went and deleted my Google+ page, and when I went to link again, this showed up.
If you choose both "Yes" & "No", it will still tell you that you will get a new G+ page.

So no, it isn't illegal when Google notifies you on the same page as where you accept the terms and such.
Either way, I still dislike Google+. I was just making sure that you weren't accusing Google of something they didn't do. They aren't THAT stupid.

(PS: Black bars are just me hiding my username)
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

I just had a G+ account without knowing it. I'm not saying that it's a fair move by Google, but people are overreacting, and creating 90% of the problems they use in their reasoning for why Google are jerks.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Google has done lots of faults with YouTube, i loved how it was back in 2010, now it's just destroyed. Same with their Google+ link system and the whole setup of it.

They're trying to compete with Facebook, so if they give every Google user a Google+ account, they would get close. Google+ is never going to be as popular as the other social sites such as Facebook and Twitter.

Why didn't Google let all their work into making YouTube better? It is a "unique" social site with videos, channels and comments, Google+ is just a mix of Facebook and Twitter in my opinion.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

I like this only because I got to change my display name for comments and such to just "Soul" rather than my full youtube username(MrThesouldemon)
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

https://t.co/RwNWyfodBD This is my reaction to Google's new changes.

jk it's not that bad but still
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
PrincessValentina

Post by PrincessValentina »

This topic needs this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymkA1N3oFwg
Coiner10
FADW Moderator

Post by Coiner10 »

PrincessValentina wrote:This topic needs this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymkA1N3oFwg
Make sure you put a disclaimer if there is some not so family friendly stuff.