Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for smartphones!

If you want to host an unofficial event with the FADW community, please post here. You can also post other game related topics here.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for smartphones!

Post by hawkiee552 »

So according to a Norwegian gaming website, GTA:SA for smartphones is launching in december. There are no release date yet, but we've already got info that it's going to be a improved version with dynamic shadows, better color-palette and longer render distance.

This is good news, I've been waiting for this!

Article:
http://www.neowin.net/news/gta-san-andr ... n-december
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Maugrin
FADW Moderator

Re: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for smartphones!

Post by Maugrin »

Interesting, I hope that it's good. I remember when a port for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (one of the best RPGs ever) came out for smart phones and it was down-right awful.
Don't follow in my footsteps, I run into walls.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Maugrin wrote:Interesting, I hope that it's good. I remember when a port for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (one of the best RPGs ever) came out for smart phones and it was down-right awful.
I've bought GTA III for iOS, and it was 100% identical (except for improvements) to the PS2/PC version, and I liked it. However, I didn't like GTA III that much in the first place, even on PC, so it ended up being just another bought game which didn't interest me for more than 20 minutes.

GTA: SA looks promising because i love it on the PC, and probably will on the phone too.
Coiner10
FADW Moderator

Post by Coiner10 »

Don't your thumbs block most of the screen when you play? That always happens to me when ever I play Minecraft on iOS. :P
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Coiner10 wrote:Don't your thumbs block most of the screen when you play? That always happens to me when ever I play Minecraft on iOS. :P
iOS 7 and Android have support for controllers, so you could use a controller if you want. Although, they do block some of the screen if you use touch-controls, but not too much though.
DLC for Half Life 3

Post by DLC for Half Life 3 »

Hawkie, ive heard of you. I have never met you. Nor many other admins that have vanished.
Muxedo Task

Post by Muxedo Task »

Hawkie has been around since before me. And you prolly dont know me since I left a few months back.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

DLC for Half Life 3 wrote:Hawkie, ive heard of you. I have never met you. Nor many other admins that have vanished.
Yeah, I joined in the beginning of 2013 (January 2nd), and I was pretty active until I got tired of the TTT gamemode, and my ping because we changed to mobile broadband. Now I've got both mobile broadband and cable, so the ping is more or less fixed, and the pause from TTT helped since it's fun to play again.

Meanwhile I was gone from TTT, I played a lot of Minecraft since the ping wasn't that big of a deal, other than the time in which the items got picked up etc.

I live in Norway, so my timezone is GMT+2 at the moment (without Daylight Saving Time), and that means on weekdays I can't really play that much with American/Australian people.

However, this is getting kinda off-topic.

If I'd get GTA:SA for a smartphone I'd probably buy an Android phone, since my iPhone 4 has a slightly cracked screen, the 3,5mm jack doesn't work, volume-down button is stuck and it's struggling to keep up with the new games.