ANNOUNCEMENT: Coocus has risen!

This is the place to post important announcements, we will post announcements here from time to time, remember, you can post your own announcements too!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Coocus has risen!

Post by hawkiee552 »

Wooh! Coocus ftw
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I'm happy to see people are taking it in a positive way!
sniper101 wrote:This is going to be distant for me.
Good things always have to end.
My path lies somewhere else. Have fun there
I can understand what you're saying, Sniper, but I hope to see you on the server too sometimes.

Now for some updates. I have done quite some work to get most of the server done. Some tests have been done to make sure all weapons are somewhat balanced and not too overpowered, but we're not fully finished with these tests yet. I'd also like to mention that not all weapons from FADW have been added, but some like the Jihad and the AWP are going to be on Coocus.

I'd also like to make sure you all understand that things will be handled a little bit different than what you're used to. Rules & procedures on how we deal with things will change to a certain extent, but all in all it will be the same either way. I've picked out a few I know for a fact will be active and a good addition to "my team" as my admins/superadmins. Hopefully, I haven't offended anyone by not recruiting them right away.

When it comes to future additions when it comes to moderators, I haven't fully figured out how to deal with that. I would like to do something differently than what FADW did with applications and the vouching system. I will keep you posted about this, as I think I need to discuss this further with my current staff.

As for maps, I have chosen a few that you will recognize from FADW. This includes, but is not limited to: Rooftops, 67thway (V3), Yard (hehehehe), Dolls (my bedroom <3) & Crummycradle. I'm up for suggestions (please wait these suggestions until the server is up and running, to make sure I don't get a bunch of suggestions for maps I haven't listed, but are already on the server), so we're not going to have the same maps all the time.
I am, however, going to fall back to the good old map rotation we had, so there's no map voting system. I do not plan to add any map voting system, but that might change in the future.

As for donator features, I'm going to keep it similar to FADW in a way. You will be able to have a custom rank with a color. You will get reserved slot and votekick features as well.

I will not have any type of intros at all. Not for staff members or donators. Just to make that clear. Intros were a pain to add, not to mention that they used server space and increased download time by a good chunk every time an intro was added.

Finally, after a really long typing session I want to say thank you all for the support I have gotten. It seems to me that most of you like the idea of this, and I appreciate the kind words I have received so far.
I am sorry to say that I don't have any proper ETA for when the server will be up, but hopefully it will be during the weekend (I'm looking at Friday).

Thank you.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheOnlyFace

Post by TheOnlyFace »

Alex wrote:When it comes to future additions when it comes to moderators, I haven't fully figured out how to deal with that. I would like to do something differently than what FADW did with applications and the vouching system. I will keep you posted about this, as I think I need to discuss this further with my current staff.
The vouching system is OK for picking moderators, but it's definitely not the best method to pick a new staff member.

If I could make a suggestion, when the application is made it should go through this process.

1. The application contains requirements (So we don't get applications that are too short, or boring and dull)
2. Gets submitted into the recruiting area (Just like before)
3. Alex sees if the requirements are fulfilled, and if so, the application is ready to become vouched for by other Admins+ (Doing the requirements allows us to not waste time telling people their application is invalid and stops the admins from saying "I've never seen you on the server before" when they apparently played on it for 5 months.)

It's like the vouching system, in which it's a lot more professional looking (I guess?).

(When vouching, maybe you can ONLY say Vouch or No Vouch)

I dunno, just build something cool and not completely stupid like my idea (Im in physics right now, and it's boring send help)

Thanks
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

TheOnlyFace wrote: The vouching system is OK for picking moderators, but it's definitely not the best method to pick a new staff member.
A moderator will still be part of staff, so I have no idea what you were on when you typed this.
TheOnlyFace wrote: 1. The application contains requirements (So we don't get applications that are too short, or boring and dull)
2. Gets submitted into the recruiting area (Just like before)
3. Alex sees if the requirements are fulfilled, and if so, the application is ready to become vouched for by other Admins+ (Doing the requirements allows us to not waste time telling people their application is invalid and stops the admins from saying "I've never seen you on the server before" when they apparently played on it for 5 months.)

(When vouching, maybe you can ONLY say Vouch or No Vouch)
We might do something similar, just add another step before becoming a full moderator.
Something I liked about people adding some description to "Vouch" or "No vouch", was that it made it more personal and easier to understand why they came to their conclusion. If I decide to use the same "Vouch"/"No vouch" system, I won't restrict it.
Again, this isn't final. As of right now, I don't really know how we're going to recruit new people.

Update #2:
We're getting closer to be able to open the doors, and it's looking good for a public "beta" test on Friday, February 28th.
I'd like to mention once again, that we haven't been able to fully test the server with proper players, so some tweaks might need to happen. Please report these issues to either me or CorruptedMotives when the server is up.

I'm now officially opening the forums for public, so feel free to post any suggestions or things like that on the forums. Here is the link: http://coocus.com/forums

I might have forgotten to mention in my post that I'm also taking over the FADW Minecraft server. It will use the same world and such as before, with the same plugins (Only changes I did, were the permissions). You can use the same IP as before (mc.fadw.net), but just in case I would suggest changing that to "mc.coocus.com" or 74.91.117.170.

Here's the full "map rotation":

Code: Select all

de_dolls
ttt_67thway_v3
ttt_erebus_r2
ttt_terror_office_v2
ttt_bb_teenroom_b2
ttt_crummycradle_a4
ttt_digdown_b1
ttt_lost_temple_v2
ttt_rooftops_a2_f1
ttt_stadium_v1
ttt_westwood_v4
ttt_scarisland_b1
ttt_canyon_a4
ttt_cloverfield_b4
ttt_icarus_r1_a2
ttt_godzilla
ttt_whitehouse_b2
ttt_yard_a2
Again, feel free to suggest new maps or ask any questions you may have.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Joining that forums cus I love forums lol
Dont expect me to play just yet!
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

sniper101 wrote:Joining that forums cus I love forums lol
Dont expect me to play just yet!
You'll be missing out on the fun! :P
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

A "Beta" launch/server opening has been planned, and is going to be in around 3 hours from the time of this post.
Read more here: http://coocus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!