Clarification on "False KOSING"

This is the place to post important announcements, we will post announcements here from time to time, remember, you can post your own announcements too!
Saint777
FADW Admin

Re: Clarification on "False KOSING"

Post by Saint777 »

Yes. If you call a kos on an inno fully intending for them to get killed, though you know they did nothing wrong, that is a false kos. DNA or not it's still the same thing.
"The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, And his tongue speaks justice"
HeavensPeak
FADW Moderator

Post by HeavensPeak »

Yeah saint knows what he is talking about. And I would agree. If you are a T and in any way trying to get inno's to kill other inno's it's rdm on your part.
The only time it really sucks is when your'e a T getting rdm'd. I haven't been following this, but I think you still shouldn't call a kos even if you are getting shot first because it just causes a mess of rdm. It'd be best to let them take the punishment for killing you than forcing others to kill them.
I'm sure other people have different opinions on that though, because obviously the person could continue to rdm so you might as well call them out, but I don't know how you feel about that.
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

HeavensPeak wrote:Yeah saint knows what he is talking about. And I would agree. If you are a T and in any way trying to get inno's to kill other inno's it's rdm on your part.
The only time it really sucks is when your'e a T getting rdm'd. I haven't been following this, but I think you still shouldn't call a kos even if you are getting shot first because it just causes a mess of rdm. It'd be best to let them take the punishment for killing you than forcing others to kill them.
I'm sure other people have different opinions on that though, because obviously the person could continue to rdm so you might as well call them out, but I don't know how you feel about that.

I disagree.
HeavensPeak
FADW Moderator

Post by HeavensPeak »

Soul wrote:
HeavensPeak wrote:Yeah saint knows what he is talking about. And I would agree. If you are a T and in any way trying to get inno's to kill other inno's it's rdm on your part.

I disagree.
With which part? calling a kos when getting rdm'd? or just with the whole false kos rule?
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
TheRealRap-WYD-

Post by TheRealRap-WYD- »

HeavensPeak wrote:
Soul wrote:

I disagree.
With which part? calling a kos when getting rdm'd? or just with the whole false kos rule?
I'm torn on this one, but I tend to sway towards allowing a "false KOS" if the player is RDMing a traitor. They dug their own grave when they opened fire, and I don't believe it's fair to the T to have his round ended early due to some trigger happy kid. So why shouldn't the T be allowed to call a KOS if he's being shot at for no reason? That's my opinion on the matter.
Kat the Dark Ninja

Post by Kat the Dark Ninja »

I in fact have done this as a T, I forgot we couldnt false kos but I was T baiting as a T to a inno and the dude started to kill me so I called a false kos and killed the dude and ided him. I was questioned and admitted I was a T just trolling the dude and the guy was in fact slain for it but I was warned or slapped for it I forgot which it was. "I think" as a T to get rdmed by a trolling rdmer "you could" call a kos so no one else gets rdmed, but thats up to Deth.

I think the whole DNA thing as long as you dont say who it is "I think" its fine, I have done it where I kill the Detective and than say I got DNA off him but never say someone's name and go kill a random inno, and walk away as fast as I can after iding it.
Dark Ninja
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I thought if you were being attacked by another person for no reason (even as a T) then KOSing them isn't "false" at that point, although i'd like clarification on this too since i'm not positive.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

unicow2945 wrote:I thought if you were being attacked by another person for no reason (even as a T) then KOSing them isn't "false" at that point, although i'd like clarification on this too since i'm not positive.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

unicow2945 wrote:I thought if you were being attacked by another person for no reason (even as a T) then KOSing them isn't "false" at that point, although i'd like clarification on this too since i'm not positive.
If you are being attacked randomly and you called someone out attacking you, then in my mind it isn't false. The false losing rules was to prevent the traitors from causing loads of rdm.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

So from my general understanding this is what is good and bad.

As a Traitor...

Bad: KOSing an innocent at a random point in time. (*walking along and go*: KOS DUNCAN!)
Bad: KOSing an innocent when they do something suspicious. (*Duncan troll shoots* KOS DUNCAN!)
Bad: KOSing an innocent when there is a fight. (*Duncan and Share suddenly start to fight. Neither are traitors, neither have died.* KOS DUNCAN!)
Good: KOSing somebody when they begin to attack you. (*Duncan attacks* KOS DUNCAN!)
Good: KOSing somebody who has committed a traitorous act (*Duncan 360noscopes Share in the face and carries his UNid body to a dark corner* KOS DUNCAN!)

Okay!

Also, this is just what I get from this. Anyone can disagree with me on this until this is settled.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".