Two core Virutal machine added to FADW

This is the place to post important announcements, we will post announcements here from time to time, remember, you can post your own announcements too!
Deth V
The Weird One

Two core Virutal machine added to FADW

Post by Deth V »

We are adding a "VDS" (virtual dedicated server) to our servers, which basically allows us to run 3-4 gameservers at the same time.

What we have planned is to move the minecraft server over to the VDS and also run a TF2 server off of it, any suggestions for any other game?

We will also be moving the Mumble server over once the subscription is up.

The server will be costing us 35 a month, and we need donations to keep it running, so please donate.

The following link goes DIRECTLY to our account on NFoservers, and will be used entirely for billing.
https://www.nfoservers.com/donate.pl?fo ... @gmail.com
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
DA KID

Re: Two core Virutal machine added to FADW

Post by DA KID »

CS:GO Maybe? Yes, I know you probably like cs:s better. :P
What the.......Did I win?
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Oh man guys. You should totally have a Nuclear Dawn, or Day of Defeat server.

Actually, A better idea would be CS:GO. Whatever people want.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

We'll do a poll eventually. I'd like a gungame CSS personally, although, it's the community that decides (Arms race on CS:GO just doesn't do it).

The VPS should be good for a month or two, but we do need donations to keep it going, so I encourage you all to use that link (or donate via the button on the homepage if you don't have $5) to help us keeping it up.
Obviously you're not required, but we would like to get some help if you enjoy your time on FADW.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

I prefer Ghetto..................
But O well
And uh If My tumblr is famous I could get money lol But I truly wish I Can donate maybe after I found that Part time job?

EDIT: just To help out a bit do not leave a lot of money in Paypal. Its a Evil company

So story time

There's this Tumblr Post I saw that one guy left all the money he earned in one country and it was alot of it and moved to america and just to realize He can't take out his money Like ever. Paypal did nothing Customer service sucks and such.

But I also saw many other people in tumblr get money for art and uses paypal and one person had a somewhat amount and to realize it froze for a bit before giving him his money that he earned from commissioning so don't ever leave too much money in ur paypal account ever if you ever use paypal

This give me an Idea to get a tablet and draw for people in tumblr but I need those followers and maybe also place ads...........
Last edited by sniper101 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love bicycling.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Alex wrote:We'll do a poll eventually. I'd like a gungame CSS personally, although, it's the community that decides (Arms race on CS:GO just doesn't do it).

I second the gungame, that was one of my first serious FPS gamemode I played when I first built my computer.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

What's wrong with Arms Race on CS:GO?
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

It's fun, but it's not the same as the good old GG from CSS or CS 1.6. It's different, and I don't find it as fun as the original GG in the older games.

And about PayPal, sniper. We don't store that much money there (as far as I know, we don't receive too many donations), so it's not like we're making thousands on donations. It's mostly pocket money that we put into the PayPal account occasionally.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

It looks like you can use gungame mod in CS:GO Too, So idk
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

right now there's only about like 4 dollars sitting in the account.

Our previous iteration of the server was hosted for "free", I did server work for a guy and he lets me use his server space, however he is downsizing so now I need donations again to cover my costs, I don't get work very much so I can't really pay for the servers, also I'm still trying to build a new computer so I can enjoy games again.