Le Cacti is stepping down

This is the place to post important announcements, we will post announcements here from time to time, remember, you can post your own announcements too!
Alex
FADW Guardian

Le Cacti is stepping down

Post by Alex »

Yes, it's true. Whether or not Port_A_Build is believing me or not. I have decided to step down as a Guardian or admin/mod in general.
There are multiple reasons I have decided to do this, but the main one: School. In August I will be starting in high school (or what is equivalent to high school in Norway), and I want to focus most of my time on there. This means I won't have that much time to work on the server. Although, I probably could've stayed, and just not used much time on the server as I used to, I would just be a waste of an admin spot and probably not even be much of use other than fixing the server when I had time personally.

So yes, it's official. I'm not a Guardian anymore, but I'm not leaving FADW completely. I'll check the forums from time to time, and I'll be on the server(s) when I'm able to. Since I'm not starting until August, I have plenty of time to play, this time as just a normal player.

Farewell everyone, it's been fun. Next time you see me, I'm on as a player (maybe a regular, no difference), not as an admin.

-Cactus out.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Re: Le Cacti is stepping down

Post by hawkiee552 »

I understand your decision, Alex, and I respect that. School is important, and as we discussed; it's important to dedicate your time especially to high school. A good education will pay off later, and I can agree that internet/games can steal a lot of your time.

I hope a good admin/guardian will take your place and do the job as good as you did. I would like to thank you for your work here, it's been helping a lot. Fixing the server and all, even when you're on vacation!

We'll all miss you, Alex. Take care and finish high school with good grades, you can do it!
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

I guess you're not kidding. Good luck with school, Alex. The blessing of all the FADW regulars are with you. The pursuit of knowledge is a good thing. I'm certain you'll make a good student, just as you made a good superadmin. Goodbye, Guardian Cactus, and thank you for the great adminning, not to mention fixing the server around the clock.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

</3 </3 </3 T_T
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

!ban cactus 9000 "aboosing my heart ;_;"
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

Post by Hello and welcome »

Why do you have to do this to our hearts! :'(
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

YOU WILL KEEP PLAYING ON THE SERVER! AND YOU WILL KEEP ON BEING THE CACTUS THAT WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE! EVEN IF YOU AREN'T AN GUARDIAN OR AN ADMIN, OR EVEN A MOD! WE WILL STILL LOVE YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! NOW GO OUT THERE, AND MAKE THE WORLD AMAZING!
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

unicow2945 wrote:!ban cactus 9000 "aboosing my heart ;_;"
What He said.
What the.......Did I win?
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Ug im truly sad

I died a bit in the inside

Ill stare at my cactus and said to myself are you good as Alex in being a guardian? lol
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

HAHAHAHAHA, I guess I fooled ya all pretty good then. I bet Hawkiee sort of helped me out with this pretty good then.

No, you're gonna get rid of me that easy. Protip: If you ever see me use "school" as an argument of me having to leave (I'll admit, I might like take a break because of a school project or something, but probably not quit in general) FADW. Don't you ever believe me. I would've kept this "troll" going on longer, but Deth didn't allow me to do so :C
As Kyuenmaru said, and I quote:
Kyuenmaru wrote: HAHAHAHAHA.
YOU?
FOCUS ON SCHOOL?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So yeah, all in all, I appreciate and love the "support" you guys gave me. Although I don't know how long I will stay here, I can assure you that my main reason for leaving will never be school. I'm always gonna be too lazy to put in hard work (even though I get pretty good grades, I used to at least).

PS: If you're mad at me, I can understand that, but I was just going a bit too far with a joke.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!