AFK Kicker.

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!
DLC for Half Life 3

AFK Kicker.

Post by DLC for Half Life 3 »

I think there should be an afk kicker. So when the servers full and there are afks that have been afk for 3+ rounds are kicked. That seems fair, right?
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Re: AFK Kicker.

Post by TheRedDuncan »

This usually never happens (being AFK that long) and if they are, a mod/admin/Chinese monks usually kick them.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

What Duncan said.
Staff members sometimes go AFK as well, to have a "better view" of how the current players act and such.
Might actually be added though, it seems like something I can do for fun (I would obviously add something to make staff members immune to it).
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheScourge96

Post by TheScourge96 »

Alex wrote:What Duncan said.
Staff members sometimes go AFK as well, to have a "better view" of how the current players act and such.
Might actually be added though, it seems like something I can do for fun (I would obviously add something to make staff members immune to it).
I think he meant like...no activity at all.
If an admin goes "AFK" to have a "better view" of the current players, then they're still active
I think DLC meant something that's scripted to find inactivity
So like
If you're completely inactive for 3+ rounds (no movement whatsoever), then it would kick you
My Pokemon Team: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Yeah he knows... He was just saying that because he was explaining how he has to add immunity to staff
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

TTT already has an AFK "move-to-spec" feature. I'm not sure how I would go and make something check if the spectator moves. I'm not sure if it's the same as a normal non-spec player.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheScourge96

Post by TheScourge96 »

Soul wrote:Yeah he knows... He was just saying that because he was explaining how he has to add immunity to staff
Yeah but what if a staff goes LEGIT AFK and just sits there and doesn't come back for hours?
Alex wrote:TTT already has an AFK "move-to-spec" feature. I'm not sure how I would go and make something check if the spectator moves. I'm not sure if it's the same as a normal non-spec player.
I think it'd be the same code as the "move-to-spec" feature because it's kind of the same basis: It bases if you're actually active as in moving the mouse or camera. Wouldn't it?
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Might be possible to do something like that, but I have a few questions (feel free to say anything those that pay attention, I'm usually asleep when the server is active):
1. Is it needed? Do we really have that full of a server often?
2. More or less a continuation to question #1, but even with a full server how many are really AFK for 3+ rounds?
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheScourge96

Post by TheScourge96 »

Alex wrote:Might be possible to do something like that, but I have a few questions (feel free to say anything those that pay attention, I'm usually asleep when the server is active):
1. Is it needed? Do we really have that full of a server often?
2. More or less a continuation to question #1, but even with a full server how many are really AFK for 3+ rounds?
You'd be surprised.
It's never been FULL.
I've only not been able to join it for being full once and that was a long time ago
However it has gotten pretty close
2 slots left available
And at one time there were only 2 slots? There were about 5-6 people sitting AFK and not active for around 4 rounds.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

If there has been 2 slots left empty for people to join and there are AFK people, then notify the staff members that are on to kick AFK people. I'm not too keen on actually coding something like that, because I don't feel like it's really that needed on the server. (Even though I have a base idea on how I should do it)
We'll see though.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!