Regular Rank

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!

Should we have a regular rank?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 25

Kyuenmaru

Re: Regular Rank

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Why not call it "Norwegian"?
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
coopertrooper7

Post by coopertrooper7 »

We should add the rank at least I think and the more play time you have the darker your rank is :D Or instead of that you could just darken the names possibly :D so all the donators fell respected!
Thanks, Coopertrooper7
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I really don't want to have a "regular" rank. Mostly because I don't see the point of it.

Even if you've played for long, you're still just a player. Yes, a lot of people recognize you, but that shouldn't make you require a special "regular" rank.
It always comes back to the point that Kyuenmaru made about new players:
Kyuenmaru wrote:I feel like this will create a barrier for new players who join this server, that deep inside, they'll feel like they have to become a regular in rank before they get to know people.. I'd just rather have the different staff titles for convenience, and donator titles for those who donate.
1) The easiest way for me to even have people with that rank would be to make a ulx group called "regular", then add people to that group. Boris told me he could do that, but to continuously having to add more people to a certain group is such a pain.
2) For that playtime idea that Cooper had, that would be even more of a pain. We don't technically have anything that's tracking gametime, I would have to add that into the server, and I'm NOT willing to do that just because some people want something else other than the generic "player" rank.
3) And again, my though for the ranks was that they were supposed to be for people that have contributed somehow. Donators give their share, the staff members have given their time to keep an eye over the server, and they have a generic rank for their specific group just to be recognized easier. (There are admins/mods with custom ranks, but they have donated to get a custom one)

So no, my final decision is that it's not going to get implemented. I don't know what the other staff members think, but some of them might agree, or disagree.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I agree with Alex, the work that would take isn't worth the payoff by a long shot. That time could be used finding someone who can retexture birds into flying walruses...or turning the cars on 67th way into walruses with wheels.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

unicow2945 wrote:I agree with Alex, the work that would take isn't worth the payoff by a long shot. That time could be used finding someone who can retexture birds into flying walruses...or turning the cars on 67th way into walruses with wheels.
Great. Now it's stuck in my head. Guess I got to go change my textures so I can have them walruses.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".