FADW TF2 Server?

This is the forum for your suggestions for the server and forums. Suggest what we could do better, or a new feature for our forum!

Should FADW get a TF2 server?

Yes.
67%
No.
33%

Total votes: 21

Alex
FADW Guardian

FADW TF2 Server?

Post by Alex »

Yes, you read it right. I was planning to get myself a VPS so I can host my own, fully-controlled web server, when it struck me. Would people on FADW like a TF2 server? (I know for a fact DA KID would be out of his mind, considering how much of a TF2 fanboy he is, I'm talking about you other people).

If I get enough votes, I'll use time to setup yet another server (even though I have to work on the MC server, but I'm starting to hate that with a passion), it will probably take a while, because first I need to get a VPS (I need to rent it, and to rent it I need money, and to get money I have to wait for YT ca$h to arrive around the 5th), and then I'll have time to set it up.

So the question is simple and the answer shouldn't be too hard either. Poll is obviously at the top of this thread.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kyuenmaru

Re: FADW TF2 Server?

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Is it possible with voice chat? Because if it is, I would be up/down/left/right for it.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

I'm not a tf2 fanboy, I don't really play casually that often, Although Competitive is really fun. This would make me play tf2 a lot more :P
Edit: Kyuen, Voicechat is built in :P
What the.......Did I win?
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

TF2 is a Source game, of course voice chat is gonna be enabled.

Whether or not sv_alltalk will be enabled (if alltalk is enabled, it means that both BLU and RED team can talk to each other), will probably be for another poll. I think it should be, considering it's just gonna be for fun, and people could talk to each other even though autobalance is gonna mess up teams (trust me, we need autobalance, even though it's annoying).
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Or we could have a Separate mumble on the same machine for the teams (A channel for both teams) And have alltalk on, idk what your server is like though
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I really don't want to use Mumble when the game already has a built-in voice chat function. We'll see. Honestly don't see why alltalk would such a huge problem anyways. What are you going to do on the server, play TF2 GameBattles?
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Well, my plan is to have fun, jump around, pop some headshots and fail at backstabbing... I can and will be a burden to the team.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

i vote yush
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Kyuenmaru wrote:Well, my plan is to have fun, jump around, pop some headshots and fail at backstabbing... I can and will be a burden to the team.
I think that's all of us kyuen :P
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

7 against 2 as of right now. I guess the majority (as of right now) wants the server. We'll see pretty soon. I'll order it as soon as I get money through PayPal.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!