UGH! GMOD help!

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
sniper101

UGH! GMOD help!

Post by sniper101 »

so i get this error from Gmod something about that VACT security problem and Steam said im offline when im online with working internet connection and all but i foregot the error they just said some security error help!
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: UGH! GMOD help!

Post by Alex »

Never heard about that issue.

Try this:
Exit Steam.
Go into the main Steam directory (Default C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\) and delete ClientRegistry.blob. Seems to help with almost any issue.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Ah ha! Thanks lol i just exit steam and it seems to work like that i think

Edit : exit lol
I love bicycling.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

REOPENING THREAD CUS IT WONT WORK HELP!
I get no error it just says they will find a solution or windows will but I mean seriously!
My computer is really messed up now but what is weirder is it wont work right after I installed Team speak 3 I know I downloaded the right bit and bam it just crashed and wont work at all
I tried closing out steam and verifying and it just doesn't work! SUPER SAD FACE!!!!!!!!!!
I love bicycling.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Did you try verifying all the Source games attached to GMod? Failing that, you could always try this fix: Log out of Steam, navigate to the Steam directory, delete everything there except Steam.exe and Steamapps, then launch Steam.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

tried verifying but deleting and re downloading is pain in the butt!
but I guess Ill try
whatever it makes to make it work!
I love bicycling.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

I think I know the problem stupid me and windows
So the problem is I downloaded this windows c++ redisripute thing and that's the one giving me errors such as no shader's could not continue and such what a pain in the butt
could anyone help me uninstall all of it?
I deleted the file and location of those things and it still gives me these errors ug help!
I love bicycling.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

UG TRIPLE POST MADNESS IM INSTALLING EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! THATS RELATED TO C++ REDIRISPUTE
AND WEIRDLY ENOUGH
TeamSpeak I think is the real cause because Right after I finish downloading it GMOD crashed!
SUPER MAD FACEEEEEEEEEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
EDIT:
NVM I got it fixed and now I can play after uninstalling a buch of crap
I love bicycling.