Your rig

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
DelusionalSyko

Your rig

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Well, since we're all computer gamers, I'm always interested in what you got under the hood of your PC.

So I'll start:

(Custom built)
Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower white /w black trim
Motherboard: Asrock P67 Extreme4
CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.30Ghz quad-core (OC'd to 4Ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 water cooling block
Memory: 8GB of Mushkin Enhanced blackline
PSU: OCZ 750W Modular
GPU: GeForce GTX 570 HD
HDD: Primary is two OCZ Agility 240GB Solid State Drives in RAID:0
Secondary is a 1tb Hitachi Deskstar 7200RPM and I have a Adata 1tb External USB 3.0

Mouse: CM Storm (Cooler master) Spawn gaming mouse
Keyboard: Logitech K310 water proof
Headset: Corsair Vengeance wireless gaming headset (Piece of garbage)
Mic: I Primarily use my SUPER old Logitech webcam for my mic. For some reason it picks up and has a cleaner sound than any mic I've ever used.

Display: ASUS 21.5" LCD monitor with a old Dell monitor for my second display.

"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Intel core i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-D14 120 - 140mm heatsink
Mushkin enhanced blackline 8GB Memory
GeForce GTX 570
OcZ Agility 240GB SSD x2 RAID:0
DelusionalSyko

Re: Your rig

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Sorry wrong area. If you would like to move it to the "Computer" section be my guest. Didn't even realize you had that section until now.
"There was a time they cared nothing for Miss Vance. When their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
GeForce GTX 570
pyrojb3

Post by pyrojb3 »

i dont have all the specifics but i have a 1 tb hard drive, a 3.0 ghz dual core amd cpu, a geforce 280 video card (i think), 4 gb of ram, cheap motherboard, some sort of logitech mouse, a free dell keyboard, some cheap earbuds, for my mic i use my old logitech webcam and the mic it has, and i only have one monitor and its a 21.5 inch acer HD.... something... something... lol..... just thought since delusional set the bar so high id lower it back down for everyone else lol and yes i know i need new everything but i have no money so thats probably not gonna happen
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Those Logitech webcams man...no idea how after all these years of having it it's still the best mic I've ever had. Even this stupid Corsair wireless "Top brand" gaming headset has a garbage mic compared to my webcam's.
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
GeForce GTX 570
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Image Olddddddd picture of my set up.

General Specs:

Case: Antec 300
CPU: E5200 @ stock speeds (Haven't spent time overclocking it, I do have an aftermarket cooler on it though)
GPU: EVGA GTX460 (CPU is a bottleneck, Lol)
HDD: WD Caviar Black 500 Gig + Old laptop drive for backup/other storage.
Soundcard: Audigy II. Got it from someone as a thank you for some help. Tons better than my onboard, going to get some studio monitors and an even better sound card when I can.

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
Ram: Corsair XMS @ 800 MHz
PSU: Corsair VX550w

Assorted lights around my PC.... and that's about it.

EDIT: WOW AMAZING SPEEDS! Also, nice background!... I'll post mine up later.

I'm surprised to hear that about a webcam mic, never would've thought about that...

hmmm I wonder if I used an SM58.... I wonder how that would sound haha.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

My specs are pretty much brand new (but no overkill computer):
Case: CM Storm Scout
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k (stock cooling)
Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 TI (2GB VRAM)
RAM: 8 GB (Crucial - 1333 MHz 2x4GB)
PSU: Corsair GS 600W PSU.
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda (1TB)
Monitor: BenQ GL2450HM (LED, 24")
Mouse/keyboard: Logitech M305 Wireless Mouse/Logitech Compact Keyboard K300 (nothing super fancy)
Headset (w/ microphone): Ozone Attack Snow (waiting for my PX21's to arrive in the mail)

And this is my pretty new gaming rig, and I love it.
I would add pictures, but my camera is kinda broke and my cellphone isn't really great.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

Nice rig!
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
DelusionalSyko

Post by DelusionalSyko »

Alex, your specs are pretty similar to mine. I have the Gtx 570HD graphics. So you're GPU is a little more powerful. I'm curious to see the difference between our two computers. The i5 2500k is an amazing proc. Especially if you start overclocking it. I just recently threw in those 2 SSD's and the difference is night and day. Installing programs, launching them, windows boot time is all lightening fast.
NZXT Phantom Full Tower
ASRock Z77 Extreme6
GeForce GTX 570
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I am planning on getting an SSD after Christmas, and also water cooling so I can overclock my CPU. I still haven't seen the amazing speeds of an SSD, so I need to get it ASAP after Christmas.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
blitz723

Post by blitz723 »

Yeah, I got a acer laptop. I know, I know, you don't need to be jealous. lol
It doesn't have anything special, I don't even know my specs, all I know is that it runs Garry's Mod, which is good enough for me lol
MY NAME IS BLITZ AND YOU MUST OBEY ME
LoL just jokin'