About to explode.

This is the forums to discuss about computers and general electronics, as for some of us, this is a major hobby!

Need any help with computers? Post and we will try to help to the best of our ability!
DLC for Half Life 3

About to explode.

Post by DLC for Half Life 3 »

My computer is literally about to explode. Someone please help me with this, I got rid of all my junk and stuff. I cant do a complete wipe to like restart it because its my home computer but if someone could help me out on getting my computer working properly that would be amazingness.
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Re: About to explode.

Post by TheRedDuncan »

What's happening? Blue screens? The CRSSSSSSH screens? Not starting? Overheating? Somebody set us up the bomb? Wrench in the works? Ghost possessing it? It's secretly an etch-and-sketch and your parents haven't told you yet? We need details.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
DLC for Half Life 3

TheRedDuncan wrote:What's happening? Blue screens? The CRSSSSSSH screens? Not starting? Overheating? Somebody set us up the bomb? Wrench in the works? Ghost possessing it? It's secretly an etch-and-sketch and your parents haven't told you yet? We need details.
Probably a ghost. Its just extremely slow.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Check the taskbar if you have a lot of background software running, also check Task Manager (Right-click on the taskbar -> 'Start Task Manager'), click the "Processes" tab in Task Manager. Sort by memory usage (most to least), and check if anything uses like 150,000k (if you have an older computer of some sort).
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DLC for Half Life 3

Alex wrote:Check the taskbar if you have a lot of background software running, also check Task Manager (Right-click on the taskbar -> 'Start Task Manager'), click the "Processes" tab in Task Manager. Sort by memory usage (most to least), and check if anything uses like 150,000k (if you have an older computer of some sort).
Only backround program I ever have running is Skype. Which in processes takes up 118k... what do I do now?
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Virus scan. Spyware scan.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
DLC for Half Life 3

Port_A_Build wrote:Virus scan. Spyware scan.
My scan tells me there is one problem. Just doesn't tell me what it is. Should I quarantine or trust?
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

What's the name? Will probably be something like "Win32/trojan.generic" or something like that, and yeah quaritine it, unless it's a PUP, then post the name of the program if you can.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
TheScourge96

Post by TheScourge96 »

Do what I do when my comp gets overly cluttered.
Save important files that would be excruciating to get back onto a flash drive and reset your computer to factory. :) (I mainly just save pictures that I can't get back)
My Pokemon Team: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DLC for Half Life 3

Deth V wrote:What's the name? Will probably be something like "Win32/trojan.generic" or something like that, and yeah quaritine it, unless it's a PUP, then post the name of the program if you can.
Like I said. It just doesn't tell me WHAT the problem is.