How'd you get your nickname game!

For forum game threads like "You know you are a traitor when..."
TheOnlyShare

Re: How'd you get your nickname game!

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Well... it all started when...

I was 4, I played Pokemon Channel with my brother (We shared the game). When it asked for our name, we tried to fit our names together. It didn't work out so well, so we combined our names and ended up with "Sharek" We thought it was pretty cool, but I stole the name completely.

Then, during the CoD days of Black ops, I got my PS3 and named my account "XxSharekxX" Don't ask why, but it was cool back then with them x's.

To this day, I used it. I joined the TTT server, and hated those X's. I removed them and got called "Sharek"

I then changed my name to "Share" because people would confuse me for Shark (Bad times). The name just stuck, and even on minecraft servers before FADW, people called me Share/Sharebear.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Story of the Portal Builder: I made my Steam account for Portal, so while trying to come up with a username, I thought "Port_A_Port" would be appropriate. When I got Minecraft, I replaced the last Port with a Build because the game's about building. Then I decided it would be easier to have the same name on all my accounts, and so my Steam account was renamed "Port_A_Build". It has never changed since.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Once upon a time when me and my bro lived in the same room...

We only had one compy, and it belonged to my older brother, so he got to use it most of the time. This was during a phase when he had over 200 fonts, and spent countless hours editing pictures on the internet and all that stuff.

As anyone with a sibling may know we didn't get along well.

One day he's like: "I want to make a propaganda poster of you". So I put on a fake mustache, did the: "Live long and prosper" sign, and gave a big stare. He made the whole thing red with the words: "NEVER LET THE MENACE GET THE UPPER HAND!" and it was titled something like: "Red Duncan". I mentioned the poster to my friends, and the name stuck since.

And I lived happily ever after.

THE END
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
BritishGuy

Post by BritishGuy »

My name is BritishGuy because of what happened in WW6(The German Split as Austria was freed from the Deutschland hands). The British Empire was being attacked on all fronts, The Euro-center (A mighty British Trade Port) And the Colonies in North America. I was in a Depression and couldn't do anything about it, I sent out my might war planes to bomb the Germans and Koreans(Who stormed Euro-center and Asian Minor with ease as my Empire was at a Technological Standstill). The Spanish where attacking me in Hong Kong and Oceania, I didn't have many options left so I nuked everyone to get it over with. I miss clicked on my nuked and Hit the Soviet union and Austrian Forces(My only allied) and this went from a World war to Me (Great Britain) and my Ally (My friend) Sweden, With this Massive war I was back-stabbed by my Friend Sweden (Bork Traitors!) and his line was "What you going to do now British Guy?" and my Empire fell around me, in Honor of his Traitorous Victory I named myself "BritishGuy" (Summary: World war with most of my friends, other friends back-stab as I nuke them and then get killed by my other friend.)
Do you want some tea, Sire?
CorruptedMotives

Post by CorruptedMotives »

A friend of mine and I wanted to make an account, and we couldn't decide on a name. So basically we both picked a word each and put it together.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
RSCurious

Post by RSCurious »

Back when I was like 8, I was part of an undisclosed forum (You'll want nothing to do with it anyway, no one there was nice at any point) and the people there thought it would be fun to humiliate me for a simple question. So, being immature as I was, I was unable to brush off the humiliation and decided to make a new account so no one would know (of course, what with IPs and stuff, they probably did and laughed at me). And wanting to sound cool I came up with the name Flashzer0, cause Zeros and 0s in names were cool, and it was original blah blah blah, flash sounded cool as well, blah. Well low and behold, the xbox360 comes out, and I need an account for Xbox live. "Well" I thought "That name's pretty cool" So I used Flashzer0I (The I is a roman numeral because for some reason flashzer0 didn't work with Microsoft for some reason). Well, no one actually called me Flashzer0 (or even flash-zero phonetically) Most people just called me either flashzer or Flash. When I made a steam account I actually used a more recent nickname to make the account (RSCurious, or just Curious in some cases). And I thought "Well thats a bit lengthy and no one knows me by that" So I knew that people liked calling me Flash and it just stuck (So no, it's not flash gordon, geez) I still get all kinds of crap about it though, mostly stupid stuff from trolls who cant come up with anything better than "Haha, flash(zer), do you like to flash people or something?"
Saw it and thought I'd give it a try.
HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

My username owes it's roots to the HomeBrew computer club. In so many words; its was ground zero for the home computer movement in the 80's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club

If you'd like to know more about it, I reccommend Steven Levy's "Hackers" book. It's an excellent Biography about the origins of modern computing (it's also my favorite book ever). John Carmack cited this book as his main inspiration for pursuing programming, so it's worth reading.

I also used to use the names RSnewt (Rough-Skinned Newt)...

And Kupatchi, a contraction of Kuchipatchi:
KAKATTE KOI
HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

Soul wrote:I am awesome. That's how. You're welcome.
'Cause you got soul.
KAKATTE KOI
Sonic412

Post by Sonic412 »

Lets see, Where to start...

Oh, Back when the xbox had the second look (The NXE look)
Back in 2006, My Older brother Asked me if I wanted a xbox live Profile, I was like "Sure, Why not?" And I ask for it to be "Sonic" and he said it was already used. He said something with numbers in it. I came up with 412 (I was 5 but liked 4 and my favourite number was 12). he said ok and made the account. I discovered steam After I made my Youtube Channel. which was in April 2012. I found out steam in June really. But I was bored and skeptical about this. "Lets see what it has!" I thought. so Installed it then it said i needed to make a Steam Account. so I used my Youtube Name (Mr3dsdude3ds) and made a password. After that, I kept my name to Mr3dsdude3ds awhile. but Changed it a week after to Sonic412. Changed it, Then here comes the thing of accidents. I used my Dad's Credit Card and bought 300$ worth of stuff. Yep. What's funny is i still have 167$ left to repay. (This was the before My Brony days.)

Anyway, When I was bored 4 months ago, During Summer I thought it be funny if I changed my name to Totally Not Sonic. because #YOLO. Then I just said to Giga-Bite: "This is gonna be my permanet name." He *Faceplamed* and said "REALLY?" never would he thought that I did that.
Attachments
Derpy Shrug.jpg
Derpy Shrug.jpg (5.7 KiB) Viewed 4709 times
PrincessValentina

Post by PrincessValentina »

My nickname went through many stages, but this is the very short version xD

I always used Foxeh or BlackFoxy on games but when I bought minecraft both were taken so I decided to name one of my accounts with my personal name which is Valentina (ValentinaF was the full name of the account). Then on steam Foxeh or BlackFoxy just didn't feel to original and I was constantly asked if I'm a furry... So I used ValentinaF or Valentina until one day someone said I remind him of this Italian cartoon where the girls name is Valentina and she's a princess of this magical world (?) idk tbh, but for fun I named myself Princess Valentina, it just stayed I guess xD