Wow Google. Just wow.

This is the section to Vent about something that is stressing you, or to rant about something that is annoying or etc.

Please no cursing under this section.
Port_A_Build

Wow Google. Just wow.

Post by Port_A_Build »

I just found out that in addition to their stupid Google+ comment system, Google also decided to go ahead and create Google+ accounts for people that didn't have one, without their knowledge or consent. In addition to that, there's reports of Google banning people for sharing a petition. Google used to be great. Now they've become tyrants.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
nicknoke

Re: Wow Google. Just wow.

Post by nicknoke »

Disclaimer: This video contains something that is less family friendly, watch it with caution.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

You can't remove Google+ from YouTube past 14 days of its linking, and since I just found out...
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Port_A_Build wrote:You can't remove Google+ from YouTube past 14 days of its linking, and since I just found out...
Did you even watch the first few seconds of the video? It's a HowToBasic one.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Alex wrote:
Port_A_Build wrote:You can't remove Google+ from YouTube past 14 days of its linking, and since I just found out...
Did you even watch the first few seconds of the video? It's a HowToBasic one.
Fact still remains.

Also, isn't this illegal or something?

Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Yeah, that's true.
Illegal? I don't see how it's illegal, I do realize it's not really that family friendly, so I added a disclaimer to the post.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Alex wrote: Illegal? I don't see how it's illegal, I do realize it's not really that family friendly, so I added a disclaimer to the post.
Not the video. Google making G+ accounts without permission.

HomeBrew

Post by HomeBrew »

Port_A_Build wrote:
Alex wrote: Illegal? I don't see how it's illegal, I do realize it's not really that family friendly, so I added a disclaimer to the post.
Not the video. Google making G+ accounts without permission.
Wouldn't be surprised, but who in the right mind would try to sue Google?
KAKATTE KOI
Coiner10
FADW Moderator

Post by Coiner10 »

We all probably agreed to it when we accepted the terms and conditions without reading them.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Coiner10 wrote:We all probably agreed to it when we accepted the terms and conditions without reading them.
Most likely this.

As far as I know, you don't get a G+ account unless you actually go through the whole migration of setting your name and such. At this point it creates a G+ using whatever you chose (YouTube username, real name or other name). If I remember correctly, I also had to accept some terms. The whole deal about creating a new account using your real name, YT username or any other name was probably in those terms.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!