Second reason for inactivity, hopefully the last one.

A section to post interesting news pertaining to being weird/ different, and news about other interesting things.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Second reason for inactivity, hopefully the last one.

Post by hawkiee552 »

You don't need to read all this, as it's mostly about my personal life, which is quite boring for some people.

So... school has lately been going all wild with their hand-ins, presentations, projects and tests, and I don't have that much free time anymore. I've been really busy the past weeks, and there's more work to come. I barely have time to write this post until I have to get my "economy in Asia" work done, and then I have to study for a test tomorrow. The small amount of free-time that I have is spent with my girlfriend, and also stuff like writing this post.

On top of all this lovely school-busyness (new word?), someone, or somewhat decided to either sit on, jump on, kick, or throw my backpack accidentally while I was having gymnastics last week. My PC looked like this:

Now it looks like this:

Also, if i as much as slightly touch the laptop, the rest of the screen goes blank.

Luckily, I just got some money, so I can afford a new PC, but I'm not going to buy one right now as I have too much stuff to do, and still have my HP Mini that is over two years old.

This netbook has been in my backpack every single day for almost a year until I got a new one (because of the poor performance on it), and after that, it has been a backup PC for me. It is still working as if it was new, even the battery still has its 8-10 hour battery charge (real time, not "theoretical" like the companies trick you with) Specs are listed at the bottom.

Now, this netbook does run Source games, but barely. I might visit the server sometimes, but I won't be playing seriously because of the FPS (3-10 depending on the map). I do, however, have access to an i7 laptop with GT540M, not always, rather rarely. That's my dad's laptop which he uses for browsing the web and watching YouTube, and he won't even trade it with my HP Mini.. Haven't asked properly yet, I'm kinda scared to do it and I don't know why. So my plan is to plug into a monitor as I have 5 of them here, and use it as a desktop. The downside is that I don't have space on my room because it's small, and my home cinema is taking up all the space for a desk. I'll see what I can do, and I'll be nice and keep the unneedy information for myself, but I really need someone to talk about it to :c My parents haven't noticed anything yet because I'm afraid they'll get mad at me, which in most cases they won't, but this is the second time.

Sooo, I guess I am really unlucky as this is the second time a laptop gets crushed on my school.. That's another reason I don't really want to buy an expensive laptop, I'm afraid it will be destroyed somehow. Also, my plan about building a desktop is no more because I really want to focus on school towards the finals now, and after that I'm going to study so I'd rather spend my time on school and with my girlfriend than to sit infront of a computer playing games. I won't leave FADW, no way, but instead of playing games like Far Cry 3 on a homebuilt PC that I don't get to use that much, I'd much likely want to play on the FADW server with just a laptop as Source games does not have high requirements.

Specs:

HP Mini 110-3100

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

CPU
Intel Atom N450 @ 1.66GHz 60 °C (This is while writing this post, HP is known for terrible cooling, and it's true.)
Pineview-N 45nm Technology

RAM
2,00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 148A (CPU) 55 °C

Graphics
HSD101PFW2 (1024x600@60Hz)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Hard Drives
149GB Seagate ST9160314AS ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C

Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device (This is just a virtual drive)

Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Last edited by hawkiee552 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
sniper101

Re: Second reason for inactivity, hopefully the last one.

Post by sniper101 »

it looks all beat up :( hope you get a new computer! lol
I love bicycling.