Reason for inactivity

A section to post interesting news pertaining to being weird/ different, and news about other interesting things.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Reason for inactivity

Post by hawkiee552 »

So, yesterday I was listening to some music and was right about to go and take a shower. Suddenly, everything went dark and the only thing that was turned on was my laptop and my car sub woofer amplifier that runs on a car battery. I thought the fuse went, but when I opened my door to talk to my dad, the light outside my room was flickering and had a low luminance. It was almost like in a horror movie, kinda awesome. We tried to test each circuit and check the voltage. In our living room, the circuit was okay and had a stable 230v. The circuit in our hallway had pulsing 120/150v and the rest of the circuits had only 50v. Travel chargers for cellphones worked, and also LED lamps. When I turn my spotlight on, the voltage drops down so the LED lights has a very low luminance, and the charger stops charging. The spotlight is glowing with a rather high luminance, but it's still just glowing, then after some seconds it drops down to almost nothing.

Our house is from the 60's, and nothing but the fuse box and kW meter has been updated, so we probably need to get an electrician to either fix the circuit (or whatever the problem is) or set up a totally new circuit. I do, however, have Internet access with using Wi-Fi hot spot on my Android phone, but I don't want to use up the bandwidth by playing games online.

I will be updating this thread when we know more about the problem, and I will be online on Steam. Currently using Ubuntu 11.04 as my main OS, so I'll be running Steam in Wine.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Re: Reason for inactivity

Post by hawkiee552 »

While I was writing this, we actually had an electrician here to check the problem. The problem is that we have three main fuses in a electrical box by the road, they're going into our house, and one of them isn't working. So our electrical provider has to come and fix that problem as it's not our fault. Free of charge ;)
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Wooh! Free stuff! Kinda...
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Problem is now solved, and I will be back on the server this evening :)