52%
No
48%

Total votes: 33

Deth V
The Weird One

Re: Advertisements

Post by Deth V »

Friend or not, I still pay him when I can. At least 20 dollars /month or more will be going to him. to help pay for this server.

He doesn't have very many donators left on his own server.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Well Time for me to shine
so apparently thinking new things for donater huh?
and that extended rank system seems a great idea already!
but here mine I was thinking of having a fake money system like Friendly dollars!
or something more creative.
and you can use this for buying ammo or getting another credit?
or as inno u get guns or ammo?
because it be super awesome Idea to have a money system! in my opinion that is.
and you can earn them by wagering who will win Inno"s or Traitor's or Detective! lol
and or lottery everyday u get a ticket that will give u random amount of Family dollars lol
And how Donations come into role?
donating not only just give u more "fake" dollars but also "gold" coins to spend on limited edition stuff!
like colored or skinned guns! and that by donating more and or becoming a regular donater will achieve u new and cooler and greater skins! of course either way will achieve you different stuff!
and also tho no buffs or anything that will just go nuts!

SIDE NOTE:
So Deth may I ask whats ur friends server?
I love bicycling.
Coiner10
FADW Moderator

Post by Coiner10 »

chubchubrecon wrote:If you want people to donate you have to offer something of significance. When I worked on a dark-rp server this conclusion was plain as day. The fact is you have to dangle something shiny in front of people in order to get them to pledge money. Especially youth. It's the whole reason FTP games are thriving so much right now.

I love this server and I love the people who have flocked to it (most of them).
I have seen servers and communities grow and die and sometimes reform.
I'm not just pulling things out of my heindquarters (well some of it).

Let me pitch a couple ideas from a business standpoint:

We are already pretty aware of Death's conclusion, that the majority of the server's occupants are
not of a working age. Given that assumption It's important to find a system that targets the said majority audience.
From my experience, people of the age group in question are more likely to create a loyalty, or dependency to a server based on what they will loose if they stop playing there. As it stands, a good chunk of the servers population would probably not be all that bothered transferring to another TTT server, most players aren't. If you want to create a hook for the average player, you have to do something unique, something they won't find easily on another server. More importantly if you want to establish financial loyalty, you have to offer something unique in return, something a player won't want to walk away from.

Some solutions:

Vary obvious benefits for donating. Using the MOTD especially to outline these in a section, or at lest showing it somewhere players will see.

Examples:

- Donators vote counts more during map voting

- Donators are given slightly longer mic-bars

- Donators can carry slightly more ammo (not clip side obviously)

- an extra starting credit when detective/traitor

A more complex system might include A coded in-server monetary system.

Where normal players gain say 5 currency per round played, and donators gain 15.

The best kind of system is one where anyone can get things, but you have to pay to get them more quickly.

Donators are also given currency based on the amount of money donated. EG. 10$ =10k of said currency.

In game currency would add up to rewards from some form of in-server shop system.

I have seen this done with hats, but in my opinion it didn't work out very well and it didn't fit TTT very well.
Instead if you could create it so say, You spend 20k of your accumulated in-game currency on a weapon, and then you spawn with said weapon in your inventory slot, or at your feet when a round starts. Players could buy multiple weapons and decide which one to spawn with from the shop menu. Weapons would have varying prices, but all of them high, to encourage people to donate and be able to buy them much much quicker.

A system like this would likely create the question from new users " how did he start with said weapon, when I have to go find one? ". An admin would then answer " because he's a donator ", or " because he bought it from the shop ". Not only implanting the idea of progression in the mind of a common server-goer, but also establishing that the server has a unique system where you can in fact gain from being a part of said server. It creates a dependency that can lock in more players, the same way a DarkRP player would not want to change servers after accumulating a large amount of currency. Systems like these promote Donation from people who otherwise wouldn't even think of donating. It's complex and I'm sure it would take a good deal of effort but I have seen it work before.

I also liked the idea sniper posed about adding a gambling system where you can bet on the outcome of a match.
I like the way you think.
Maxaroni

Post by Maxaroni »

Yeah the above ideas sound good but i dont know how well they will work. However, i am willing to go with anything if it means not having ads on a server. I absolutely hate ads, they take away from the gameplay experience tremendously.
Arbee's chickin nuggets, their so fine! Arbee's chickin nuggets will blow your mind!
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Maxaroni wrote:Yeah the above ideas sound good but i dont know how well they will work. However, i am willing to go with anything if it means not having ads on a server. I absolutely hate ads, they take away from the gameplay experience tremendously.
The proposed model would mean that there would be no advertisements shown while you're actually playing the game.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Yus In-game currency is the basic Idea of my extremely large text!

thanks for the compliment!
and also please do :P
I love bicycling.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

We have discussed before that we do not like an in game currency. It causes too many downloads, and it's just a cheap way of getting people to keep playing.
chubchubrecon

Post by chubchubrecon »

Soul wrote:We have discussed before that we do not like an in game currency. It causes too many downloads, and it's just a cheap way of getting people to keep playing.
I'm not denying that there is some slight degree of immorality to the concept of in-game currency as a whole. I personally won't play FTP's because of it. But you can't ignore the usefulness of the concept, and if it's done right, it doesn't unbalance anything. Progression systems can add a lot to a game, and a progression system is the one thing that TTT lacks in. As for the downloads, I've never seen it as a bother. Whenever I have encountered them they are much smaller than map files and go by quickly, but that's just my experience.
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I haven't really been a fan of pointshops in the past. Neither have the guardians.

I've tried getting many donations perks, including some that everyone would appreciate, I don't want to give donators an unfair advantage.
- Donators vote counts more during map voting
- Donators can carry slightly more ammo (not clip side obviously)
I'd have to talk to alex to see how this would be coded.
- Donators are given slightly longer mic-bars
Already in place
- an extra starting credit when detective/traitor
ehhh... I dunno about this one. I'd have to talk to the guardians, see if they agree with it.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Well Deth thats the thing
it is not a point shop
but a currency for stuff that are cool you can do in game!
like buy 10 dollars to buy a smoke gernade with your own color or a preset
of course in game 10 dollars!
not real 10 dollars!
and no hats and weird trail because it ruins hit boxes and are big distractions
I love bicycling.