One-Hit Kill Weapon for the Detective.

For Discussions and Suggestions for the GMOD Servers
unicow2945

Re: One-Hit Kill Weapon for the Detective.

Post by unicow2945 »

A working riot shield would be really cool, in my opinion. When the riot shield got added in a long time ago it made detective more desirable then traitor for me...until i realized it didn't actually function unless you put it on the ground :lol:. With the riot shield taking almost a full second to switch to, it was useless in the heat of battle unless you knew exactly where the traitor was, and that he wouldn't try to do anything to you for long enough to get situated by plonking it down. If we could have it work as a crowbar mixed with a giant sheet of metal then it would be really fun to use, without being remotely overpowered since you couldn't hold a gun while its out. It wouldn't be a waste of a credit either, as it could work as a sponge for a trigger happy traitor and give you the time you need to call your enemy out. Not to mention that the traitor's Poltergeist would also benefit, as it suddenly would have heaps more practicality when you can use it to stick those weird ball things to the equipment inches away from the detectives face (and the innocents that almost always are following him).
A-Walrurus by any other name...
cdnmade

Post by cdnmade »

That sounds sweet! I would love to have it. I think having it do 50 damage no matter what hit box is hit. But also for it to have the incindiary effect like the flare gun.
will the real Cdnmade please stand up
HeavensPeak
FADW Moderator

Post by HeavensPeak »

The riot shield doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'd honestly like something that could stop me from getting knifed in the back as a detective. Traitors tend to just follow the detective and knife them after the round starts really rendering them useless as they also take the scanner so no one can prove any deaths. There is no real counter to the knife because it kills you too quickly, most of the time before you even see it. If the riot shield could like hang on your back and block shots from there it might be a worthy investment. But it would have to be breakable after taking enough damage otherwise it'd be too strong.
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Kat the Dark Ninja

Post by Kat the Dark Ninja »

HeavensPeak wrote:The riot shield doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'd honestly like something that could stop me from getting knifed in the back as a detective. Traitors tend to just follow the detective and knife them after the round starts really rendering them useless as they also take the scanner so no one can prove any deaths. There is no real counter to the knife because it kills you too quickly, most of the time before you even see it. If the riot shield could like hang on your back and block shots from there it might be a worthy investment. But it would have to be breakable after taking enough damage otherwise it'd be too strong.
I know of a server that has one and I have used it, unsure if its working agian because it glitched for a bit or if the took it off
Dark Ninja