Neutral
15%
Not Enough Reason
15%

Total votes: 20

Port_A_Build

Remove Rooftops

Post by Port_A_Build »

There's lots of problems with rooftops, I will highlight three.

The RDM Axe.
The swear word on a building.
The Traitor Button Glitch.

I believe we have enough reason to remove this map. I now formally petition this map removed from the pool.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
TheOnlyShare

Re: Remove Rooftops

Post by TheOnlyShare »

I swear to almighty scrublords. This is the ONLY MAP YOU CAN USE THE NEWTON LAUNCHER. NO.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

TheOnlyShare wrote:I swear to almighty scrublords. This is the ONLY MAP YOU CAN USE THE NEWTON LAUNCHER. NO.
Dolls? Teenroom? Magma?
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

Port_A_Build wrote:
TheOnlyShare wrote:I swear to almighty scrublords. This is the ONLY MAP YOU CAN USE THE NEWTON LAUNCHER. NO.
Dolls? Teenroom? Magma?
The buildings block most sight, and its almost insta-death for everyone.

Magma = No - Too obvious

Teenroom = They can live, also Too obvious

Dolls - Is that still a map?
UnreachableOne
FADW Moderator

Post by UnreachableOne »

I dislike the map( not for any of the reasons above), but I don't know why a bunch of traitors would stand next to a button and have a innocent just drop the building. The only reason I see why that would be is just to be funny.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol I like the map but its just that having an axe isn't just enough reason
and im pretty sure Alex could code off the axe really
I love bicycling.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

sniper101 wrote:lol I like the map but its just that having an axe isn't just enough reason
and im pretty sure Alex could code off the axe really
No, the axe alone isn't grounds. Combined with the TBG and the swear word however...

sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

Hmm
Im pretty sure those things could also be codded off
but I really like the map because its all open and easily disposes bodies
and only map that u can destroy a whole building I think which is unique compared to the others if u ask
but yea it isn't within our rules I can understand why this map could and needed to be removed.
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

sniper101 wrote:Hmm
Im pretty sure those things could also be codded off
but I really like the map because its all open and easily disposes bodies
and only map that u can destroy a whole building I think which is unique compared to the others if u ask
but yea it isn't within our rules I can understand why this map could and needed to be removed.
Maps aren't coded in Lua, compared to basically anything other GMod-related. I'd basically have to open it in Valve Hammer and see if I can do anything, even then I might not be able to, because I haven't used it before.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

you have to decompile the map first too.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."