Poll: New T Weapon! (It's about to get a little sonic)

For Discussions and Suggestions for the GMOD Servers

New T Weapon? (It's about to get a little sonic in here)

Yes!
25%
No. :/
25%
What's a Sonic Screwdriver?
11%
Maybe...
14%
Possibly
11%
Why?
15%

Total votes: 65

Giga-bite.exe

Poll: New T Weapon! (It's about to get a little sonic)

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

OKAY SO! Today I was playing 2 player with one of my friends and we were playing with a weapon that I realized would be AMAZING to have in the t-shop (for t's only, of course)
The weapon: THE SONIC SCREWDRIVER!!!
Found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... crewdriver
The uses of it (which would be great for t's) are:
At the moment, the sonic screwdriver can:
• Open/close doors. (right click to lock/unlock) <-- The unlocking feature would be GREAT for a T running away! He can lock doors behind him! Instant escape! :D
• Press map/gmod buttons. <-- Just a fun way to push the buttons, I guess
• Break glass/windows. (note that func_physbox is included in this, and can sometimes go a bit wrong) <-- Not quite sure why, but FUN NONETHELESS
• Break breakable props, such as wooden crates or most things in cs_office. <-- Just...yes :D
• Open item crates. <-- Are there item crates scattered in TTT????
• Stop or Reverse (right click) map trains. (func_tracktrain) <-- Oh the fun with map trains... >;D
So yeah. What do you guys think? :D (All of that info was copied and pasted right from the webpage, and I have tested most functions out myself. Works like a dream)
Giga-bite.exe

Re: Poll: New T Weapon! (It's about to get a little sonic)

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

For those wondering what the Sonic Screwdriver REALLY is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_screwdriver
hawkiee552
FADW Moderator

Post by hawkiee552 »

Giga-bite.exe wrote: • Open/close doors. (right click to lock/unlock) <-- The unlocking feature would be GREAT for a T running away! He can lock doors behind him! Instant escape! :D
The lock function had me thinking that it can, and mostly will be abused, such as locking another T inside a room without that T having any credits to buy a screwdriver and getting out, or locking innocents inside rooms, but the round would end when the time goes out anyways.

The rest sounds, fair enough, but not very useful in my opinion.
You can call me Hawkie. I love audio-, video-, and network-equipment.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

As Hawkiee said, that brought it to my attention it could easily be abused.

Besides, it's not a TTT weapon, which means that I would have to modify it to what I think would fit with FADW.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
radboy16

Post by radboy16 »

I would say make it a timed lock, like somewhere under ten seconds. And you can only lock doors once per minute or something.
If you are reading this, congratulations.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

lol vote fail
U can select all the options! lol
everyone do dat!
I love bicycling.
Giga-bite.exe

Post by Giga-bite.exe »

Oh I forgot.
Also
If a T dies and an Inno/detective picks up the weapon, it can be used to open the t-door(s).
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I think that an actual disguiser would be a neat addition, when you kill someone as an innocent you can take their name meaning that it rewards quick clean kills, but can backfire if the body is found, the person is heard dying over the mic, or he is asked to speak in the chat (since it wouldn't change the chat name because trolls would abuse that).
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Kat the Dark Ninja

Post by Kat the Dark Ninja »

unicow2945 wrote:I think that an actual disguiser would be a neat addition, when you kill someone as an innocent you can take their name meaning that it rewards quick clean kills, but can backfire if the body is found, the person is heard dying over the mic, or he is asked to speak in the chat (since it wouldn't change the chat name because trolls would abuse that).
Unicow you mean a advance disguiser? So that you can disguise as someone, but it wont change chat or mic name. Well its a fun to play on a server that has a store for everyone that you can buy an upgrade thats called Advance Disguiser which I know a server that has it and the server name is No Nerds Just Geeks or NNJG which is a past server for me. Its a helpful item for a sniper like me on there T round and to get the advance disguiser you had to spend 1k server points to get the upgrade and than on your T round spend 1 credit on the disguiser and you get a tab in T menu that allows you to pick who you want to disguise as. The only thing that would suck is if someone disguised as someone who is in specator mode or if someone left and the person disguised as them is still on (but can be a bonus sometimes).
Dark Ninja